Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very Nice! I really like the maroon and black. The nerf bars could be a nice touch. BTW, how do you like the brushed OEM steps? Mine are going to be installed next friday. I thought about calling my local Line-X distro and having them line-x the stainless so they were all black.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That looks absolutely awesome on your ride!!! I think the Dominator steps would make a really nice change overall. Nice job:tu::tu:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very Nice! I really like the maroon and black. The nerf bars could be a nice touch. BTW, how do you like the brushed OEM steps? Mine are going to be installed next friday. I thought about calling my local Line-X distro and having them line-x the stainless so they were all black.
I really like the brushed steps, especially the chunky one's i got. The other 1's toyota sells are a little to small, if anyone wants to buy mine their for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!

And about the line-X, post a pic of your truck in this thread so i can get a better idea.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they will look good.
add bushwacker fender flares just my 2 cents
Funny u sat that i have been debating over fender flares for well over a year. I even had it in the shop ready to be installed and called them and told them i changed my mind.:confused:

What does everyone think, yes or no to fender flares:tu::td:

·
Registered
162 Posts
No flares! and the Go Rhino's will definitely be a better look than the OEM steps.

Also, did you have the bumpers painted or powder coated? How are they holding up?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My opinion would be to remove the chrome from the grill/grill surround.
I agree something has to be done in regards to the grill, but i just don't know what yet. Whats sucks is i just got the damn thing :mad:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the grill the way it is. I think some chrome limited door handles would pull it together. But I'm kind of a redneck and I like chrome:) If you change out the grill or paint it or whatever, you should paint the door handles to match.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
TOUGH RIDE, MAN! Love the look!

My Opinion:
  • Yes to the all black step ups
  • Yes to the color matched grille surround
  • If you want to change the grille, go black stock or black Carriage Works 5-piece
This is one bad looking truck! Great decisions.........

POINTS SENT FOR A TOUGH RIDE and GREAT DECISIONS!

Question: do you recommend for or against painting the bumpers? I am wondering how slate metallic Line-Xtra would look with my slate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TOUGH RIDE, MAN! Love the look!

My Opinion:
  • Yes to the all black step ups
  • Yes to the color matched grille surround
  • If you want to change the grille, go black stock or black Carriage Works 5-piece
This is one bad looking truck! Great decisions.........

POINTS SENT FOR A TOUGH RIDE and GREAT DECISIONS!

Question: do you recommend for or against painting the bumpers? I am wondering how slate metallic Line-Xtra would look with my slate.
I definitely advise against painting the chrome front and rear bumpers. Powder coat if you can afford it, i had body damage and it was an insurance thing and it was already in the shop so i pretty much got it done for free, but i use the touch up paint at least twice a month:sad3d: Sorry but i have no experience with line-x.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I definitely advise against painting the chrome front and rear bumpers. Powder coat if you can afford it, i had body damage and it was an insurance thing and it was already in the shop so i pretty much got it done for free, but i use the touch up paint at least twice a month:sad3d: Sorry but i have no experience with line-x.
Thanks for the honest answer!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Damn those wheels stick out!! I am not a fan of steps at all, so I would go with the Amp power steps so they don't show when your doors are closed. If you do stay with steps, then I would go black for sure. As far as the grill, maybe color match the surrounding part and add a black insert, or powdercoat the one on there black. Sick truck!! Love that color!!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts