Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've alwalys been a fan of black wheels. just not sure if my X-sp wheels would look good powdercoated black. Was thinking gloss finish, has anyone tried this? If not could someone please photoshop that for me! Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
don't ruin those wheels with black paint! they look good with your chrome runners too. aren't those 20" x 9" wheels? i agree with SuckersWalk in that it would not be hard to sell those wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I can't remember name, but one of the members powder coated his X-SP wheels, and its not my cup of tea. I would keep those wheels in original state. I have both of my 2uz vehicles with those wheels and love them.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Those wheels are awesome just as they are. I lust after every set I see. Please don't defame them that way. Black wheels look just, well, black. You could do that to any old set of wheels and acquire the same look.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Dont paint or powdercoat them black, they look great how they are.

·
Here for the long haul!!!!
131 Posts
I do like some wheels with balck on them but there is no way i would change my XSP's to black. I love these wheels the way they are.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I like black wheels too but please don't paint these XSP wheel black. They look fine as they are and I would love to have a set when I'm older.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Here they are in resplendent shiny black !

Honestly, those are too nice a wheels to change the color

I would sell them and buy cheaper ones in black

My opinion only, your mileage may vary .....

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same polished 20" Enkei wheels on my XSP. They're really high quality for an OEM wheel. I say leave them alone. If you must go black, sell them for around $1200 and go aftermarket.

Dean

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Unless your XSP has less than 10k miles, never seen snow, doesn't have a speck of rust (I luv Florida cars)....Your truck isn't like mine :p

FYI Tundras arent suppose to be garage queens. :bathbaby:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2006 Phantom gray pearl with the 20" X-SP wheels. I was thinking about selling em and getting some 20" XD black Rockstars. Any opinions on those wheels? I just shined the Enkeis today with the mini powerball.:cool: Its amazing how much of a difference there is in the bling factor.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts