Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade floormats to something similar to the huskyliners I have in my YJ. A few manufacturers make mats custom fit for the front of bench seat trucks that are one piece from door to door covering the trans tunnel in the process. Does anyone know of such an offering for 1st gen tundra's.

If not I'm perfectly content going with 2 piece huskys in which case I'd love to see a couple pics of how well the actually cover the floor of a tundra (webpages just have generic stock photos usually of a chevy)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, i'm not sure of anyone that makes a 1 peice. i have never heard of such.
i prefer weather tech floor liner's. but they are 2 peice. i have the center console.
weather tech floor liner's are tundra specific.
mold made. but if you have a sort of 1 peice. i would contact husky, weather tech, etc.
directly, & include a picture in the email of what you are talking about.
it will help them, in there search for what your looking for.
if you are able to find a roll, of rubber channel mat,about 1/4" thick.
usually sold at lowes/homedepo, or maybe at rug store's, special order,
you might be able to buy a 4' X 8' peice & cut it yourself to spec's.
i know i used to see the roll at the stores. i haven't looked in a while.
maybe a goggle might help locate, who still makes it.
good luck on your seach,
gorilla

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else? As I'm about to order something

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
You can check in my gallery for pictures of the WeatherTech floor liners. The rear is a one piece design but the fronts are separate because I have a center console. They work very well and were worth every penny in my opinion. I'm not sure if they have a one piece design but it might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have a set of 2 piece Husky fronts and 1 piece rear in my 2006 D/C and my 2005. Let me know if you still need pictures, I can get some this afternoon when I get home. I love the way they fit. They cover right up to the console. They do offer a 1 piece rear, different numbers for bench seat and buckets.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would still really like to see pics before I buy.

Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the very detailed pics. I think I'll go with the husked even though I'm not so sure that the turned up edge on the door opening won't be annoying.

·
Forum Admin
8,250 Posts
Thank you for the very detailed pics. I think I'll go with the husked even though I'm not so sure that the turned up edge on the door opening won't be annoying.
I've got the Husky's in gray and the turned up edge isn't annoying at all. At first I thought it would be too. But after having them on for a few months, I haven't even noticed the "fat lip". One thing to note, the raised edge helps to hold in all the sand, dirt, water, mud, and sandwich crumbs. Every couple of weeks I pull them out, spray a little simple green, hose off, dry, and put them back in good as new! :tu:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've never had an issue with the edge either. I have a set of these in my (my sons now) 05 for 120,000 miles and the only time I noticed the edge was when I spilled a full cup of coffee in the floor board. It ALL stayed in the mat............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts