Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the new OR-FAB 87041 trans skid plate / (catalytic converter theft shield) installed on my 2005 Tundra. Bought from Amazon retailer for $147 shipped.

It's 42.5 lbs and 0.140" thick. The plate comes powder coated a textured black. Bolts right up with supplied hardware, no drilling required. Doesn't interfere with the front skid plate either, you just mount this one underneath the front using the same two bolt holes. I have the Skidrow skidplate on the front. The Skidrow plate is heavier than the OR-Fab plate. There is no interference with swaybar, end links, or steering rack.

Here are the pics, some before and afters...

Electronics Technology Electronic device Gadget
Cardboard Architecture Table

Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive exterior Tire
Vehicle Auto part Car Exhaust system Automotive exterior
Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive exterior Car

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Vehicle
Automotive exterior Auto part Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire
Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Auto part Wheel

· Registered
553 Posts
Looks good, thinks I'll invest in one myself. Thanks for posting.

· Registered
1,209 Posts

· Premium Member
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Killer price and it's prime eligible. Great find.
No kidding. The box was 4ft x 4ft x 1ft and weighed nearly 50lbs. Can't imagine 2-day shipping is cheap for that one.

FYI: Don't destroy the box too harshly. If you're missing hardware, you need some info from the stickers on the outside and the handwritten initials inside.

· Registered
216 Posts
old post bump.

i actually recognized the swaybar bracket extensions on the amazon review!

anyhow, some crackhead terrorist stole my cats last night. so the tundy is going to the body shop tomorrow for insurance repairs. definitely gonna get this installed afer i get her back.

· Premium Member
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
old post bump.

i actually recognized the swaybar bracket extensions on the amazon review!

anyhow, some crackhead terrorist stole my cats last night. so the tundy is going to the body shop tomorrow for insurance repairs. definitely gonna get this installed afer i get her back.
omg that is terrible, sorry man
definitely get this then. Install is pretty straight forward. It may benefit you to use some security hardware on it, M8-1.25 x 25mm TORX head screws would do nicely.

· Registered
216 Posts
already purchased the skid plate. truck is getting towed to the shop this afternoon. Picked up a new beer can (aluminum) F150 as a rental. so far, i hate the way it drives. the tranny programming seems all wacked, and just feels like im driving a grocery getting not a truck. I enjoy driving trucks, not a glorified minivan with a box bed. *rant over*

anyhow, im having a hard time finding torx with a pin-head. i dont just want the torx, but a little more tamper-proof"ness".

also, i want an oversized button head so you cant grab the edges with a vice-grip. any ideas on where to find a m8x1.25-25mm torx pin-head?

btw, i have a full set of torx pin-head bits. figured when i picked up my torx set id get the extra fancy schmancy pin-head option.

· Premium Member
5,147 Posts
If I lost my cat(s), I wouldn't search too hard for them. I'd just accept a check from the insurance company to replace my cat(s) with oem stuff, then I'd run to FlAmazon and get the Magnaflow replacement (not high flow) cat(s). What would I spend the balance of the money on? Hookers and blow, of course. ;)

· Premium Member
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
already purchased the skid plate. truck is getting towed to the shop this afternoon. Picked up a new beer can (aluminum) F150 as a rental. so far, i hate the way it drives. the tranny programming seems all wacked, and just feels like im driving a grocery getting not a truck. I enjoy driving trucks, not a glorified minivan with a box bed. *rant over*

anyhow, im having a hard time finding torx with a pin-head. i dont just want the torx, but a little more tamper-proof"ness".

also, i want an oversized button head so you cant grab the edges with a vice-grip. any ideas on where to find a m8x1.25-25mm torx pin-head?

btw, i have a full set of torx pin-head bits. figured when i picked up my torx set id get the extra fancy schmancy pin-head option.
The front bolts are M8, the rear two bolts are 3/8-16. I found you some on Grainger, p/n 6LU33. Ain't cheap!

· Registered
216 Posts
The front bolts are M8, the rear two bolts are 3/8-16. I found you some on Grainger, p/n 6LU33. Ain't cheap!
Thanks! i actually never searched for the US sizes.. i was only searching for the M8's.

update: bodyshop picked up my truck on friday from my house. towed the truck in reverse (im a 2wd) and during the tow, my tonneau cover flew off and phucked my cab and my passenger bedside. Now i am in talks wtih my insurance company to figure out this claim. the tow company too full responsibility but i still want my insurance to represent me.

· Registered
4,122 Posts
hi i have a Hellwig sway bar looks like mine except for the red poly rubber thing & the spacer. HUGE difference. but i also have the hellwig rear sway bar. they will be on my tundra until the wheels fall off. gorilla

· Registered
4,122 Posts
hi would be great if there was a plate that covered from the front to the back of tranny. & would bolt up with 6 bolts. but it would have to have holes for the oil filter & oil plug. tranny drain plug & tranny refill plug. all large enough for EZ access. gorilla

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.