Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a 2013 Rav 4 XLE with nav. we were looking at the limited but the GF wanted the XLE. 34500 tax in which i think is a great deal.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats on the Rav. My wife and I got one two weeks ago, she opted for the limited in Magnetic gray with ash interior. We are really happy with it so far and predict we will be for a while. The rav4 was the original crossover suv and has an excellent track record, and the new styling is great. Well good luck I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. but we wont be getting ours until middle to end of October. we went with Alpine White and black interior. Im pretty sure ill never get to drive it haha which is fine by me. ill stick with my tundra.

already ordered a set of HID and looking at winter tires and wheels.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had also considered the HIDs but the stock projector beam headlights are impressive they have a sharp cutoff and look nice, plus it's the wife's car and she said no mods. There is some good info at rav4world if you haven't already found them. Ours came with stock toyo open country h/t's, which are highly rated so we will probably see how they perform this winter. Our winters here in Rhode Island are much more mild than yours I assume. I've driven it a few times and it's nice but once you get used to a big vehicle like the Tundra nothing else is thesame. I believe the Ravs are built in Canada. I love Japanese vehicles built in North America!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had also considered the HIDs but the stock projector beam headlights are impressive they have a sharp cutoff and look nice, plus it's the wife's car and she said no mods. There is some good info at rav4world if you haven't already found them. Ours came with stock toyo open country h/t's, which are highly rated so we will probably see how they perform this winter. Our winters here in Rhode Island are much more mild than yours I assume. I've driven it a few times and it's nice but once you get used to a big vehicle like the Tundra nothing else is thesame. I believe the Ravs are built in Canada. I love Japanese vehicles built in North America!
thanks i will go check out that site for sure. ya our winters get pretty crazy sometimes, last year west of the city had almost 2ft of snow in 24 hours.

I totally know what your talking about. i have a 02 golf gti as a summer car and its so low to the ground it hard to see. but when im in the truck i can see over cars and some suv.

I didn't know the ravs are built in Canada. that's great news.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
JRUSS is correct, they are built in Canada. Woodstock Ontario to be exact.
Given that you live in Winterpeg you probably would have opted for AWD anyways, but is there even the option of 2WD?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JRUSS is correct, they are built in Canada. Woodstock Ontario to be exact.
Given that you live in Winterpeg you probably would have opted for AWD anyways, but is there even the option of 2WD?
yes we got the XLE AWD. there was no way I would buy a FWD suv even though i wont get to drive it.

there's 4 models LE (i think) FWD, XLE FWD, XLE AWD and LIMITED AWD

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alittle over a month later. we picked up the rav last night and she loves it!! BUT I still love my truck more haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts