Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a CrewMax limited from my dealer. Only question I have
does any one know about how long before delevery might be.
This will be my third Tundra and can't seam to find any time table as to how
long before it will be mine.
Only options I did't order was the rear seat DVD. have no use for it.
Had the Moon roof installed.
Ordered on March 15th.
Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered my CrewMax Ltd. 4x4 with every option except DVD player on Feb. 27th here in Texas. My order has not even been picked up by Toyota yet. My dealer says he is trying but my order hasn't been picked up by Toyota. I don't have a build date or anything. I am no closer to getting my pickup than I was in February!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
My dealer says he is trying but my order hasn't been picked up by Toyota. I don't have a build date or anything.
Since you are in the Gulf States Toyota region, your order is probably going through them. Did you get any word from your dealer about how this works? Will Gulf States hold up your order until they get all of the CrewMaxes they want for all of their dealers with in their configurations?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I ordered my DC on Feb 10th, Got word on Mar 10 it had a build date (week of the 12th). Got word on Mar 21 it was built and sitting in TX waiting to be shipped. Now it has to go through port and have a few things installed. Should arrive Apr 6 to the 19.

I will take about 2 months (could be a bit more, could be substantially less).
Your dealer has to "preference" it from the factory on one of thier next allocations. Your order has to wait to get to the top of the dealers list then the national list (I am sure people ordered before you, but maybe not), then wait for that production run to be schedualed.

I don't work for Toyota, but I have a very good understanding of how manufacturing works.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, I ordered my CrewMax in McKinney, TX in the Gulf States region. My dealer says that my order has not been accepted in their last allocation but they are still trying. He says they are even trying some "back door methods" as well. It is frustrating because they have over two dozen Double Cabs on the lot but not ONE CrewMax!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
We know that CrewMaxes are not going to be made in San Antonio until the Fall so is it possible that the Texas region is simply getting lower allocation priority for this model until then? They are definitely much more expensive to transport because they are larger and they can only fit a certain number per transport. This means possibly two times as much to transport as the smaller 07's. I suspect that they might be holding off on a lot of excess inventory for the Southwest until San Antonio starts building them. It's also possible that with the lackluster sales of the regular cab and the good demand for the CrewMax, they may have moved up the production date for the CrewMax in San Antonio by a couple of months.

This is all speculation, of course, but what else is there to do when you are waiting for a truck?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Coder, the Doublecab and CrewMax are the same length, height, and width. Actualy the Doublecab also comes in a long bed. So it's actualy bigger. And we have plenty of DCs on Texas lots. Must be some other reason GST (aka..WTF!) is holding back.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Some other posts have mentioned that the CrewMax can only be transported on the top of a standard carrier. I saw a pic of Tundras on carriers on another forum and it looked like the top ramp came down at a sharp angle. It's possible that the longer cab of the CrewMax will not fit on the bottom row once the top ramp is lowered.

Update: Here's the pic. It's a tight fit. I'd have to measure a little to see if a CrewMax could get in the bottom row. The front wheels of the red one are below the top of the cab of the DC below it. No CrewMax is going in that bottom row.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yep, Looks pretty tight on that last truck. But you would think they would have thought of that and used a carrier that works for CMs. I mean this isn't the first "ever" full size truck with a Crew Cab. All the other manufacturers have them. And the Tundra is not outrageous in demensions. So, while no company is perfect. I realy doubt Toyota let this logistics factor slip by so to speak.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
My father and I sat in a CrewMax yesterday here in Eastern PA. It was basically fully loaded for 48 grand. Leg room was simply amazing. Of course we have all heard how great it is...but WOW! But bed length was a bit hard to swallow.

They told me special orders could take 2-3 months.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I was told delivery in June - they didn't say early or late. I could have had it earlier if I would settle for a different colour but I figured if I'm going to buy a $60k truck I'm sure as hell going to get the colour I want!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts