Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
My dealer says he is trying but my order hasn't been picked up by Toyota. I don't have a build date or anything.
Since you are in the Gulf States Toyota region, your order is probably going through them. Did you get any word from your dealer about how this works? Will Gulf States hold up your order until they get all of the CrewMaxes they want for all of their dealers with in their configurations?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
We know that CrewMaxes are not going to be made in San Antonio until the Fall so is it possible that the Texas region is simply getting lower allocation priority for this model until then? They are definitely much more expensive to transport because they are larger and they can only fit a certain number per transport. This means possibly two times as much to transport as the smaller 07's. I suspect that they might be holding off on a lot of excess inventory for the Southwest until San Antonio starts building them. It's also possible that with the lackluster sales of the regular cab and the good demand for the CrewMax, they may have moved up the production date for the CrewMax in San Antonio by a couple of months.

This is all speculation, of course, but what else is there to do when you are waiting for a truck?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Some other posts have mentioned that the CrewMax can only be transported on the top of a standard carrier. I saw a pic of Tundras on carriers on another forum and it looked like the top ramp came down at a sharp angle. It's possible that the longer cab of the CrewMax will not fit on the bottom row once the top ramp is lowered.

Update: Here's the pic. It's a tight fit. I'd have to measure a little to see if a CrewMax could get in the bottom row. The front wheels of the red one are below the top of the cab of the DC below it. No CrewMax is going in that bottom row.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.