Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post...been lurking here for a few weeks, doing research, and finally decided to pull the trigger today on a White 4x2 Limited with da 5.7 mack daddy engine. I am coming from an F-250 Power Stroke Crew Cab...awesome truck, but really more than I needed especially driving to/from work. Towing the Diesel was awesome, but around town it's a beast...anyway....I sold the F-250 myself and got the cash I wanted.

Thought about an F-150, but the Tundra test drive pushed me over the edge...381 hp is awesome and the truck is very quiet and well layed out. Only thing I don't like is the skid plate covering the oil filter...not much thought there from Toy engrs. On test drive, it avg'd 18.4 mpg on the interstate @ 72 mph cruise. Here's options I ordered:

White w/Graphite Leather
4x2...no snow in Florida + we have nice boat ramps to pull my Grady White up so no need for 4x4;
TRD Package;
Sunroof;
Fender Flare w/Chrome Step tubes
Bed Liner;
Cold Kit;
Daytime Running;
Exhaust Tip;
Parking Sonar;
Mud guards

I was going to get the back up camera, but I still have the wifey I can send back there.....

I was originally going after an SR-5, but after I loaded it up the way I wanted the Limited was a better value for me.

Paid 1% over invoice, feel pretty good about it, but I wire brushed 4 dealers to get it. Bottomline: the toys are way more expensive than a Ford NOW, but it's a nicer truck. Did not look at a Chevy...don't like look and Dodge was a non-starter for me. I hope the reliabilty of the Tundra is good. Last toyota I owned was an 78 Celica...ran it hard in HS. My first car....I guess I went back to my roots.

Supposed to get it 5-6 weeks...we will see.:D :clown: :clown: :D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
My first post...been lurking here for a few weeks, doing research, and finally decided to pull the trigger today on a White 4x2 Limited with da 5.7 mack daddy engine. I am coming from an F-250 Power Stroke Crew Cab...awesome truck, but really more than I needed especially driving to/from work. Towing the Diesel was awesome, but around town it's a beast...anyway....I sold the F-250 myself and got the cash I wanted.

Thought about an F-150, but the Tundra test drive pushed me over the edge...381 hp is awesome and the truck is very quiet and well layed out. Only thing I don't like is the skid plate covering the oil filter...not much thought there from Toy engrs. On test drive, it avg'd 18.4 mpg on the interstate @ 72 mph cruise. Here's options I ordered:

White w/Graphite Leather
4x2...no snow in Florida + we have nice boat ramps to pull my Grady White up so no need for 4x4;
TRD Package;
Sunroof;
Fender Flare w/Chrome Step tubes
Bed Liner;
Cold Kit;
Daytime Running;
Exhaust Tip;
Parking Sonar;
Mud guards

I was going to get the back up camera, but I still have the wifey I can send back there.....

I was originally going after an SR-5, but after I loaded it up the way I wanted the Limited was a better value for me.

Paid 1% over invoice, feel pretty good about it, but I wire brushed 4 dealers to get it. Bottomline: the toys are way more expensive than a Ford NOW, but it's a nicer truck. Did not look at a Chevy...don't like look and Dodge was a non-starter for me. I hope the reliabilty of the Tundra is good. Last toyota I owned was an 78 Celica...ran it hard in HS. My first car....I guess I went back to my roots.

Supposed to get it 5-6 weeks...we will see.:D :clown: :clown: :D
Congrats man!!
You won't be sorry, they are great trucks.
Why did you get rid of the F'ed up 250? Or, maybe it wasn't i don't know.
So are all the rumors true about the diesel's sipping fuel?

Anyway, welcome to TS. I'm sure the 5-6 weeks won't come fast enough for you though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was too much truck for what I needed. I also had an issue with a slight oil leak that Ford I think fixed after 8 trips to garage. Also burned a turbo charger. All fixed under warranty, but a pain in my azz. 26K logged on truck.

When I purchased 6.0 power stroke 2 yrs ago diesel was .25 cents a gallon cheaper than reg unleaded. Now it has flipped w/low sulphur diesel to .15-.25 cents more.

Mileage was 16 avg round town, interstate driving. Towing 5000 lbs @ 70-73 mph 12 mpg. 60 MPH cruise flat road no tow ....18 mpg. The 250 is a big rig....it would eat most fuel starting stopping and if you stayed on turbo. Its definitley a towing machine, but more than I needed. Back to the 1/2 ton.:ts:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It was too much truck for what I needed. I also had an issue with a slight oil leak that Ford I think fixed after 8 trips to garage. Also burned a turbo charger. All fixed under warranty, but a pain in my azz. 26K logged on truck.

When I purchased 6.0 power stroke 2 yrs ago diesel was .25 cents a gallon cheaper than reg unleaded. Now it has flipped w/low sulphur diesel to .15-.25 cents more.

Mileage was 16 avg round town, interstate driving. Towing 5000 lbs @ 70-73 mph 12 mpg. 60 MPH cruise flat road no tow ....18 mpg. The 250 is a big rig....it would eat most fuel starting stopping and if you stayed on turbo. Its definitley a towing machine, but more than I needed. Back to the 1/2 ton.:ts:

You more than likely won't see any difference in fuel economy. You'll have to keep us all updated as to how it compares. Empty & towing Tundra vs. F-d 250.....hahahahahahaha.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Congrats on your new Toy. So why did you order the cold kit if you live in Florida?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably so on mileage, but with Diesel @ .20-25 cents a gallon more oh well. I'll bet the toy wll get better.

Truck I got was CrewMax needed space for my three girls...they'll like sunroof and power down back window.

Cold Package ...they say has a HD battery + altenator....comes in handy towing to Fl Keys on those hot days and power winching a 3500 lb boat out of the water. Also on those frigid Jan mornings when I have ice on my windshield want to make sure I can quickly melt the ice off...plan to use that package with my heated seats------NOT.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts