Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to go ahead and order my Tundra this week instead of waiting for an 08. Currently trying to sell my truck privately to get a few extra $$'s out of it.

I was talking to my sales rep today and he said I should only have to wait about ~2 weeks to get my custom ordered DC Limited 4x4. I hope this is TRUE (I live in San Antonio).

Anyone know a friend/family member who is looking for a very nice Dodge Pickup in the south Texas region :) www.xtremeinc.com/dodge

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Good luck. I had my Dodge for sale for about 5 months + with very few calls and not a single offer on it. Ended up just having to take the hit and trade it in on the Tundra. Just glad to have it over with.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck. I had my Dodge for sale for about 5 months + with very few calls and not a single offer on it. Ended up just having to take the hit and trade it in on the Tundra. Just glad to have it over with.
Thanks - I have had a few calls this weekend, but not much serious interest other than a guy who wanted to trade his custom Harley for my truck :(

The dealership I am working with actually gave me a pretty good trade-in offer, just trying to squeeze a few hundred extra bucks out of it - its worth it!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like I got it sold today :D

Gonna meet the buyer to do all the paperwork tomorrow! Then order my Tundra!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Great news. You'll never look back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wish someone would buy my F 250, its been in the paper for 5 days now! Man I want a tundra!!

·
Registered
935 Posts
My ford has been for sale since the end of December. 2 phone calls, that's it... no visits, test drives, offers, etc, etc...

·
Registered
389 Posts
About private selling; depending on your tax rate and state laws the extra bucks you save in a private sale might just go to uncle.

In my state I only pay tax on the trade-in/sale price difference. Meaning if get 10k on trade-in and buy a truck for 20k I only pay tax on 10K. This always has me going with the trade-in as private car selling is about as fun as bad case of anal itch...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, that is a good point, and I'm not sure if it works that way here in Texas or not, but I believe I will be coming out on top by a few hundred at least for what I am selling it for.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
My ford has been for sale since the end of December. 2 phone calls, that's it... no visits, test drives, offers, etc, etc...
I hate to break it to you, but the market is telling you that your vehicle is overpriced.....irrespective what any book, website or person tells you, the vehicle is only worth what a buyer will pay for it......either drop the price or just keep it, cause after 3 months, the vehicle is worth even less....good luck whatever you decide.....

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Congrats for sure! I guess for every person it takes forever to sell, theres somebody else who sells quickly. Now go get that Tundra! :cool:

·
Registered
935 Posts
SOLD MY FORD YESTERDAY!!! :tu: :tu:

First viewing, first test drive, first offer! Done. Poor guy was a tad frustrated that I couldn't do anything on the price (wow I almost felt like a Toyota dealer), it wouldn't make any sense versus the trade in dollars for the new C/M.
The only thing I could do for him was free delivery (2HRS) and a new windshield.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts