Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting for my truck to be ordered for a month. I was told that they couldn't do special orders until week 18, which is this week. I called my salesman to check yesterday and now he says that Toyota has bumped the special orders out to Week 19. Anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am also interested in the scoop on this.

I ordered a Tundra 4X4 CrewMax in mid March 07 and do not have any information yet on anticipated build date or potential delivery date.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You guys are not the only ones waiting. Us team members who built these also have to wait. I have a friend who's been waiting for about a month and a half. I can't give you an explaination on this but looks like there's a big demand for these trucks. I'm guessing that is the reason for the wait.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You guys are not the only ones waiting. Us team members who built these also have to wait. I have a friend who's been waiting for about a month and a half. I can't give you an explaination on this but looks like there's a big demand for these trucks. I'm guessing that is the reason for the wait.
Well...get off the internet and build those trucks. :D

Hurry and build them. But when you get started on mine, take your time. Heck, take all day if you want to :tu:. Quality, quality, quality.:):):)

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Well...get off the internet and build those trucks. :D

Hurry and build them. But when you get started on mine, take your time. Heck, take all day if you want to :tu:. Quality, quality, quality.:):):)
LOL nice!:D

I special ordered mine (on 3/26), and the dealer confirmed 2 weeks ago that it will arrive on May 3rd or thereabouts (freight times can get dodgey ya know) Are you trying to order something that is wacky?...something that toyota doesn't generally put together like a TRD with painted bumpers?

·
Registered
60 Posts

I special ordered mine (on 3/26), and the dealer confirmed 2 weeks ago that it will arrive on May 3rd or thereabouts (freight times can get dodgey ya know) Are you trying to order something that is wacky?...something that toyota doesn't generally put together like a TRD with painted bumpers?
Actually, I was just kidding around with him. I haven't even ordered one yet. My personal plan is to order in mid-May and hope for delivery in late June or July. I'm also hoping Toyota offers incentives on crewmax this summer, like maybe 0% financing for 3 years.

·
Registered
357 Posts
That would be because building inventory is more important then building the toyota employees order.

I would guess there is a limit to how many they will allow to be ordered by employees and once that number is full for the month, your order gets bumped to the next months order date or until they have room in the que for your order to be built.

and even though your order is places on a certain date, the order doesn't get processed until the close of the month for ordered trucks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I guess I am trying to order something wacky. I want an SR5 TRD DC with the JBL system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That would be because building inventory is more important then building the toyota employees order.

I would guess there is a limit to how many they will allow to be ordered by employees and once that number is full for the month, your order gets bumped to the next months order date or until they have room in the que for your order to be built.

and even though your order is places on a certain date, the order doesn't get processed until the close of the month for ordered trucks.
That makes more sense.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
I guess I am trying to order something wacky. I want an SR5 TRD DC with the JBL system.
Nothing whackier than what I ordered...5.7 DC 4x4 TRD NAV sonar....the nav and TRD were the tough ones to get together. Don't see why they can't get it to you....hmmmm

TundraWorl, I knew you were joking...it's exactly something that I would say!:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered my Limited DC on March 13. Stopped by the dealer today for an update and it is supposed to be here between 4-26 and 5-2. He said he would have another update next Monday and he expects it to move up a bit. Can't wait!:D

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
April 19.
I ordered my new CrewMax Limited on March 15, I was told by my dealer today my truck will be built next week.
He gave me all the paper work it will be built at the Princeton plant.
Options are AL,CK,FE,KG,MG,NV,RL,SR. and dealer installed CF.
He said i should have the truck in about three weeks.
I will update this when my truck arrives.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been waiting for my truck to be ordered for a month. I was told that they couldn't do special orders until week 18, which is this week. I called my salesman to check yesterday and now he says that Toyota has bumped the special orders out to Week 19. Anyone else run into this?
I haven't ran into that problem but I did pose that question to the New Car Inventory Manager at my dealership and they assured me that statement is untrue. I put my order in this past Monday 4/16 and was told 90days at the very latest....but they hope to have my truck within 30.

Personally I just think it freakin sucks there are absolutely no totally loaded 4x4 Crewmaxes ready to go. The only things I do not want are the exhaust and upgraded rims, as I'll take care of that myself.

Good luck!!! Hopefully we'll both be riding by this time next month!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I put in my order on March 31st for a CM LTD 4x4 with sonar, ss step boards, cold pkg, mud flaps, DRLs. I don't want a moonroof, but that is how they are built for the Chicago region if you get LTD. I surfed into the Kansas region and they have my truck in all colors, but slate which is what I am looking for. Maybe I will find one eventually and fly down to get it somewhere. I have been checking dealers sites daily and I have seen some dealers in Iowa go from 23 CMs down to 3 in one week!! Tell me there isn't a demand for these trucks and I will slap you back to your F'ed Over Rebuilt Dodge forum in a second.;) :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
On March 6 I ordered a Tundra from Coughlin Toyota in Newark, Ohio. On April 10, my sales rep David Graham called and told me the split bench I ordered wasn't available. It told them 5 weeks to tell me they couldn't get what I wanted. The salesman and general manager Joe were unhelpful and have now involved Toyota USA's customer service folks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts