Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so we all know that k&n is a waste of money, but im not sure all air intakes are junk,

there are companys like true flow, injen power flow , and volant.

i was just wondering if anybody had any wisdom they wanted to share with a new guy.

thanks

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Re: outher air intakes

ok, so we all know that k&n is a waste of money, but im not sure all air intakes are junk,

i was just wondering if anybody had any wisdom they wanted to share with a new guy.

thanks
i love my trueflow

·
Registered
961 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

thanks, i realy like the looks of the true flow
i think i am going to go for it.

but how dose it sound, dose it still have the traditional air intake sound?

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts

These threads are really getting ridiculously more common every day. It's always an argument and what it boils down to is preference. If you want performance, an intake is not the place to look. If you want to make your engine bay look pretty, an intake would do that.

My stock box will never come out.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,320 Posts

These threads are really getting ridiculously more common every day. It's always an argument and what it boils down to is preference. If you want performance, an intake is not the place to look. If you want to make your engine bay look pretty, an intake would do that.

My stock box will never come out.
Some have to learn the hard way ... at least we warned them.

·
Registered
917 Posts

H20 i could not agree more why would you take the best filter you can get. which is the stock one throw it out and spend 200.00 on something that does a poor job at best at keeping dirt out of your engine. as far as an oiled filter i would never use one on my truck just take a look at your intake after 30K, all that oiled dirt will be everywhere. Gadget over on the TTORA site did some lab test on filters and the toyota air filters where miles better than anything else . As far as horsepower gains or better gas mileage it wasnt even enough of an increase to make it past the dynos margin of error .

·
Registered
39 Posts

agreed^^^. best is what you get what you pay for. got mine for $100+shipping and got great high end power

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts

got mine for $100+shipping and got great high end power
Great high end power. How much exactly did you "think" you gained? So when the truck is really moving your face looks something like this? :D

·
Registered
10 Posts

thanks
==========

still stick with my injen power flow..really love it. :tu:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have an AEM Brute force intake and I love it! I like the way it sounds. When you punch it, it roars like a V8 should. I couldn't tell any loss of power at all. I have JBA headers on too so they work good together. It's mostly personal preferance though. I like it. Some don't.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a Volant that I like. It roars like a V8 under the hood, and has slightly improved my gas mileage. other then that i don't see a power gain or loss.
Kinda like they said, it's more of a toy then something you need. I like the sound but some guys cry about it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.