Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is what a Tundra looks like after being broadsided by a Mazda at about 10 mph.:eek:
As usual the Tundra survived OK.:first:
The Mazda was dragged away on a flatbed.:cool:
Fortunately everyone is OK too.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
That's your whole story????
pretty much makes sense to me. mazda hits tundra. mazda goes on wrecker. tundra dented.

oh and it'lll buff out. :)

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the bed hitting the cab?
Nope. It folded the bottom of the rear fender in a bit but not seriously. Most of the damage is to the rear corner of the cab.
I imagine it's gonna run a couple grand to fix it, but I'll find that out tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Yikes, that sucks. Glad everyone is ok :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
A little push here, alittle pull there, some salsa red .....It will be OK

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Glad every one is OK!!!!! So sorry it had to happen!!!!!!! I hope the repair is like new and they treat you well!!!!!!!!!!

Sympathy points sent!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A little push here, alittle pull there, some salsa red .....It will be OK
I need to get a real high insurance estimate so I'm gonna take it to the stealership. That should be scary!:eek:
Poor kid that owns the Mazda is probably looking at it being totaled. The Tundra tire track across his hood didn't help!:clown:

·
Registered
513 Posts
poor poor miata :p i mean tundra... what is that $2000 or more in damage, if it's an old miata it might not have been worth that much.

·
Registered
513 Posts
bondo?? haha.. glad no one got hurt! let us know about the estimate!!

what is that furry thing in the bottom of your picture, i can't make out if it is a cat, dog or furby... :D

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd be interested in what they are going to do to repair the cab? Just cut a section out and then weld it? Pop it out and then bondo? Replace the cab? IDK what they will do. What is the standard practice?
According to the body shop there is a replacement piece for that whole lower rear corner of the cab. Also a new rear door.
Total cost: $5700 :eek:

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Sorry to hear Brother Mendonsy, Good thing is everyone is fine! $5700 sounds about right. I,v been through this twice already with my 07CM and Blue Steak metallic is hard as hell to match, So good luck with the repairs and keep us posted.

Take Good Care:typing:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
He probably got hit because Red trucks attract other cars like a pretty woman attracts my eyes. heheheheh

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He probably got hit because Red trucks attract other cars like a pretty woman attracts my eyes. heheheheh
Probably right!! The kid said he didn't see me. I suppose a large red Tundra is hard to see in the daytime??:confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts