Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

After doing some research on here and test driving every large SUV made, we settled on the Sequoia for obviously the Toyota quality, but mainly because to us it offered the best combination of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd row seating comfort, plus an amenities list longer than any vehicle I've ever owned. Here's a few pics:

I'd be interested to hear what quick fixes and mods folks have done to make it even better. In case anyone's looking around, this one had 46K miles on it, and we paid $36,500 for it.

The only thing right off that I'd like to see if there's a work-around for is to have the air suspension permanently be in high mode, versus dropping back down to normal mode after 18mph. Anybody mess with the electronics to make it do this yet?

Also, on this same note, is it possible to lift the Platinum's given the air suspension setup? If so, I couldn't find any threads indicating this on here, so if someone knows of some, that would be great.

Chris

·
Registered
889 Posts
Congrats! That is the SUV I like to buy.. and love the color.. LOL... same color as my truck. :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Sequoia and 4Runner are still on my wish list of future buying.

The first 2 rows of the Sequoia and Tundra are exactly the same... I need a truck to do some house work... and I'm broke... that's why I settled for the Tundra... else Sequoia is the one I eyed for years.

I had the 1999 4Runner for 9 years... great SUV... but sold it after I bought the Tundra.

Wanna to trade your sequoia with my tundra... same color... :) just kidding.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a previous generation Tundra that I liked, 2 3rd gen 4runners, a RAV4, and now have a '97 Lexus LX450 and this 2008 Sequoia. I have to admit this Sequoia is the nicest vehicle we've ever owned, that's for sure.

Chris

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She loves it, and I've been out of of town since we got it, so I'm excited about spending some more time in it. But, in the end, all that matters is my wife loves it. :)

Chris

·
Yamahauler
690 Posts
thats like me ^ i bought ours and then immediatly left for afghanistan. lol, i even had her instal the mods i wanted while i was deployed.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I'd be interested to hear what quick fixes and mods folks have done to make it even better.

Chris
1. Tint windows, I have 20% on the front windows and 30% over the factory tint on all the rear windows as well as removal of the Platinum emblem.

2. Removal of the Toyota and 5.7 V8 badges off the rear of the vehicle, White Night reverse light system on hitch (if you don't tow so often) or V-leds license plate frame back up system (if you use hitch often) as well as LED lights to replace the factory plastic red reflectors.

3. B&I inserts for Sequoia nameplate color matched to vehicle color.

4. TRD Intake Flow Accelerator that comes with the TRD intake to allow more air to enter into stock air box as well as K&N panel filter and removal of charcoal filter in upper half of air box

5. Lexus LS460 bi-xenon HID projectors with black headlight modification/Factory color matched upper grill/lower grill/fog light bezels

6. Coastaletech.com LockPick 2
No pics but allows you to change navigation system address while vehicle in motion, turn on rear view camera while vehicle in motion and view dvds on navigation screen.

7.All weather Toyota mats all 3 rows/cargo area all weather mat or weathertech mats. I have the Toyota mats but I think the Weathertech will protect the carpet even better.

8. Sylvania Silverstar bulbs all around (reverse, foglights, etc)

9. Ravelco antitheft device

10. Locking gas cap

11. Big Daddy upgraded horns (stebelengineeredsounds.com)
Sounds like a train is coming and gets people out of the way or to pay attention when necessary

12. South East Toyota exhaust tip

13. LED puddle lights that come on with factory puddle lights

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hey ravencr, congrats on the new truck!
I have black but I LOVE that color.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you use the PLUG N GO adapter for the White Night Setup. It seems like I don't have to do anything except screw on a few bolts for the install. If that's the case, I'm gonna order one today.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Did you use the PLUG N GO adapter for the White Night Setup. It seems like I don't have to do anything except screw on a few bolts for the install. If that's the case, I'm gonna order one today.
I ordered it but it was backordered, so I had Cap World just tap into the wiring harness. I recommend buying a hitch lock for another $15 to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered it but it was backordered, so I had Cap World just tap into the wiring harness. I recommend buying a hitch lock for another $15 to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.

Keep up the good work on all the mods. I'll probably order these tomorrow when I have some downtime at work and yeah, I'll buy a hitch lock. The more I research I think I'm leaning towards the projectors...it's so clean, as shown by the youtube clips. I just have to save a little and find time to get it done (professionally).

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
For the original poster, a few more modifications that I am planning are A)painting the B pillars of the vehicle (between front windows and second row windows) to match the color of the car and B)working with Defiant products to make a small light bar that will hold 2 driving lights close to fog light level, i.e. Hella or PIAA lights. Besides upgrading a few bulbs here and there that's all the recommendations/modifications that I have. Hopefully you found this helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to the Sequoias and am in the market for one so pardon my question, but what year is this? $36K for a Platinum seems like a great price!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts