Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So having been around here a while, mostly learning from the 1-Gen guys, I recently traded in my '05 D-cab (bought new in '05) for a '19 CrewMax. It's a lease, but there are a few things I need/want to add. Obvious stuff like the Vent Deflectors, Bug Deflector (we have a lot of salt/grit on the roads up here in Upstate NY). But looking for the following:

1) Rear Window vent visor - none of the usual sources list one for the CrewMax???
2) Under seat storage - WTF?!?! My '05 D-Cab (early version of a crew max) had some space. But not the CrewMax? Seems only options available require cutting into the floor under the seats? Anything out there that does NOT require cutting it up?

Because of the 5.5' bed, I'm also going to snag a "load extender" for the trailer hitch to help out with canoes/kayaks, etc.. Lund has one that is compact but flexible with good load capacity.

I may dig into some bigger tires with a better looking wheel option, but not planning on a lift or anything. We'll see, since it's a lease.

So far, there's a LOT of stuff to learn about this truck. So many more gadgets and gizmos. The stereo (when on FM) "wanders" from great stereo sound to "tin can" sound as signal quality changes. Never had any FM signal quality issues with the '05?? Hate all of the "safety sense" garbage - so that's all turned off, or I think it is??? Being a really short bed, I keep forgetting that the camera is useless with the tailgate down!!! I also find that the seats don't offer much lateral support, and find myself "sliding" side-to-side around corners, etc. The '05 had a bit more lateral help there.

Looking forward to learning more, here. And, hopefully, SHARING stuff back.

Jamie

Attachments

·
Registered
8,344 Posts

Congratulations on the purchase of your new ride ~ may it serve you well.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Congratulations on the purchase of your new ride ~ may it serve you well.
I just retired my old 201 tundra acess cab and bought my dream truck. A 2006 Tundra 2wd fully loaded
double cab with 76,000 original miles and all my neighbors think it's a new truck. I will add a backup camera
and bluetooth and i'll be set. I spent 8 months researching the optimum least problematic tundras and I came to the conclusion that the 05 and 06 double cabs were the way to go. The less electronic gizmos, the better and I can work on this truck myself without any specialty equipment. The price of these trucks are going up. I could have snagged the identical truck for $3000 less 2 years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts