Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard to install painted overfenders on a truck that originally came with just the chrome fender trim on the lip. I am sure the fenders have holes on the fender itself right? If so are they round holes or square?
Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
Buddy up with the local parts guy and have him print the install sheet for you. I got a look at it when I was shopping for my truck but I wound up finding one with the port fenders already installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Which fenders did you get? I got the ones from southwest toyota and they screw in the same holes as the chrome ones. Its fairly easy to put the new ones in. Just unscrew the old ones and screw in the new ones.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just unscrew the old ones and screw in the new ones.
Do you have a double cab?

That is good news because I thought I was going to have to find a truck with the installed already, because I did not want to have to drill holes in the fenders. Correct me if I am wrong but I think the 01-04 Dcab tacos have holes left if you take the fender flares off. How does it hold tight on the top side - double stick tape??

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have an 05 DC and my overfender flares just screw on using the existing factory holes in the fender. There is nothing holding them on up top except the pressure from being pushed against the truck itself. They do have a rubber strip that goes around the edge so that they will not scratch the truck. There are also two different kinds of flares that are installed on the truck. Some of them are two pieces on the front flares and some are the one piece on the front flares.

·
Registered
34 Posts
From what I have seen on the 2005 Tundras is that the the fender flares are attached to the body by plastic snaps. The snaps are inserted through 5-6 3/4" square holes in the body of the truck. I put Bushwacker extend-a-flares on the rear and had to have a body shop fill in those holes and re-paint the rear quarter panels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts