Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am just curious, how many people out there ordered their 2007 Tundra from the factory, through the delaer. If you did, how long did the dealer say it would take? If you already took delivery, how long did it take from day ordered to delivery? Thanks for all of your assistance, I am just anxious.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I ordered from the factory. I was told 8-ish weeks back on February 17th, but made sure I was aware it might take up to 6 months. I was told the other day it should arrive between April 26th and May 7th, so they weren't too far off. I ordered a Limited DC in Blue Streak, and from what I'm told they had to get it in a regional trade (which I guess doesn't happen very easily).

·
Registered
440 Posts
Regular cab regular bed 5.7 4x4 sports appearance package with trd exhaust blue streak metalic, told 7-9 weeks.

Not very happy w what many different dealers had to offer, i don't even live in the US so had many different friends find out info for me and then do the special order, apparently regular cab regular bed 4x4 5.7 in blue streak sports appearance is not a popular option for tundra as I understand it peoplein the US want more DCs or CMs, i even had to tell the dealer to put the 18 inch alloys on not the steel ones.

Was thinking of the trd package initially but i want to put dr coil overs later so no point, I do like the trd rims though and orders a separate set.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey everyone, I am just curious, how many people out there ordered their 2007 Tundra from the factory, through the delaer. If you did, how long did the dealer say it would take? If you already took delivery, how long did it take from day ordered to delivery? Thanks for all of your assistance, I am just anxious.
I did......:D Ordered my '07 CrewMax through my dealer and put down a deposit on Feb 10th. Dealer had no idea how long it was going to take. I took delivery on Mar 24th:) It took exactly 6 weeks from the day it was ordered to delivery. I've been a proud owner now for about 10 days and loving every minute:D Here's a picture of my CM.

Have you placed an order already? or are you thinking about it. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I ordered my Double Cab on Feb 10th, Paid for it and took it home yesterday. About 7.5 weeks.

I can't concentrate on work, I want to drive it.:D :tu:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not sure if it is the same in the states, but in my case of ordering, they took the next dbl cab limited that was not sold and already on order, and modified the build to my specs. So I ordered Middle of Feburary, a truck that already had a build date of Mar 30th. Which surprised me it was built on that day. (Nice Scheduling Toyota) And now it has a delivery date here in Eastern Canada of the 25th of April. This may be happening behind the seens with the dealers, but my guess is if the dealer can sell it to you and make you wait, why should they sell an already ordered truck for the lot to sell retail. So I would ask or imply that you don't want to wait to long. Maybe wrong, but just a thought.

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
Ordered mine March 10th and it got here yesterday (April 4th). The build date was 3/19. Not sure if mine was a little faster due to allocation or not.:tu:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Reply to 2004tundradc post. Did you have special options you added or things you didn't want that are "typical" for your area?

On March 30th, I ordered a CM limited 4x, slate, graphite, SS boards, cold pkg, mud guards, sonar, NO MOONROOF. Moonroof has been standard manufacturer build for my region (Wisconsin) and I was told 8-12 weeks. I am wondering how your order went out? Did you have specifics that needed to be done at the the time of build out, or were the options you wanted able to be taken care of at the port or dealership?

Your ride is slick looking? What the Red Rock look like....can you post a pic?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Reply to 2004tundradc post. Did you have special options you added or things you didn't want that are "typical" for your area?

On March 30th, I ordered a CM limited 4x, slate, graphite, SS boards, cold pkg, mud guards, sonar, NO MOONROOF. Moonroof has been standard manufacturer build for my region (Wisconsin) and I was told 8-12 weeks. I am wondering how your order went out? Did you have specifics that needed to be done at the the time of build out, or were the options you wanted able to be taken care of at the port or dealership?

Your ride is slick looking? What the Red Rock look like....can you post a pic?
I did not have any special options on my order. I got what I wanted, except for one item which my CM did not come with....the Towing Mirrors. Every other option that I wanted, I got:tu:

My dealer showed me a list of all the incoming CM trucks. I just picked two trucks with the colors I wanted..ie Salsa Pearl and White. The White was my second choice and it was optioned with a Sun Roof which I did not want. The Salsa Pearl was an SR5 with all the options I wanted, plus it had the Sonar, which they deleted at the time of build.

Thanks for the compliment. I do not have the Red Rock interior. I have the Gray fabric which I absolutely love:D Sorry, no pictures of the interior yet.

Good luck with your CrewMax:ts:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ordered DC SR5 LB 4X4 Timberland Mica on Feb 27. I was told 6-8 weeks. The dealer confirmed it would be built this week.(They showed me the factory confirmation so I know they weren't BSing me). I can hope it will be here in 2 weeks, but I'm not holding my breath. It was ordered w/ exactly what I wanted. I did reserch what was common in my region. All of the options were available, but not in the combination I wanted. It was a custom order w/ the color I wanted.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well I just got mine ordered this week but my salesman told me they won't actually pickup/input the next round of orders for another week or two...then my wait starts.

The only upside is they are one of (if not the) largest Toyota truck dealers so they basically get first choice. Hoping to have it no later than the end of May...and hopefully sooner than that.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
I live 3 hours from the factory. I ordered mine Feb 24 and the dealer said 2 weeks. It arrived in 4 days. I did not configure it out of the norm. I actually had them leave off the expensive port added accessories. So I did not "special order" a truck.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I just ordered a 2WD 5.7 CrewMax Limited today from a dealer outside of the Gulf States Toyota region because the ones that are available in this region seem to have one nice factory option and several port options.

I ordered from the internet dept. of a dealer in the Denver region to get a Combo C with: 20's, cold kit, nav, daytime running lights, sonar, moonroof, mudguards - all factory. MSRP $43,769. Came in at just under $40K + TTL :tu:

If my color preference is available, it will be preferenced from something that is scheduled to be built, otherwise I will pick another color that has the same options combo. Probably 4-6 weeks.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
I ordered my 4x4, DC, 5,7, 4x4, TRD, NAV, Sonar, cold kit, cloth bucket, Slate metallic last Monday, on 3/26. They said that it would be 40-45 business days...dumb...8-9 weeks. So it should be in on May 21st or 29th at the latest. I did have some port options added like the homelink mirror, tow mirrors, all-weather floor mats, & deck rail...I don't think these should hold it up at all. And I thought that there were no TRD+NAVs in SE region, but I checked yoter website yesterday, and I found one that is exactly what I want minus the sonar...it's available date is 5/25...the same timeframe that mine will come, so I'll just hold out for my special order. This is good that that vehicle has a date though, because it means that I won't have to wait months for something that doesn't match my region.:)

This timing tears me up, because I don't want to wait for the damned thing, but at the same time, it gives me more time to find a good buyer for my Vette and get a good price for it....If'n I don't sell the vette, I don't buy the tundy.:(

Dealer did an appraisal of my taco, and we agreed to a trade-in amount. They are letting me drive my tacoma until the tundra comes in, and will not alter the trade-in $$ of my taco. That's pretty :cool:

·
Registered
219 Posts
my crewmax was ordered Feb. 28th and I just got the Vin # and the build date of 5/8/07. should get it about a week later.:cool:

·
Registered
226 Posts
How did you get the VIN# and build date? I would love to get my hands on that info for my truck. I placed my order on March 31st for a CrewMax.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It seems that a lot of people are ordering. Why is this? Are the options installed so far off from what everyone wants/needs to pay for? Or is it lack of availability?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I want the CrewMAx limited with cold pkg, Sonar, brushed SS step boards, and mudguards, but I don't want the moonroof. Moonroof is standard build for Tundras in my region. I live in Wisconsin and adding another window to let in the frosty Lambeau wind is not very appealing to me. That is why I am special ordering.:) :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts