Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm on my 3rd oxygen sensor replacement with my 2001 Tundra with 108,000 miles. Dealer replaced the first one Sensor 1 Bank 1 at 96,000 for free but now will not. I replaced Sensor 1 Bank 2 with no problems about 5 thousand miles later. The current problem Sensor 2 Bank 2 is bad and when I replaced it with a new Denso unit from Sparkplugs.com the Check Engine Light is still coming on after about 10 min. of driving. A check of the code is still showing Sensor 2 Bank 2 (same one). Could it be a bad part?

·
Registered
195 Posts
could be...
are you sure the wiring is snapped tight?
have you tried contacting sparkplugs.com customer service for suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not to change subjects but kinda related...I have an engine light showing a bad o2 sensor and a bad shift solenoid E. Know what to do w/the o2 replace it. But what about this Shift solenoid? Anyone seen this. I have an 01 Sequoia.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I'm on my 3rd oxygen sensor replacement with my 2001 Tundra with 108,000 miles. Dealer replaced the first one Sensor 1 Bank 1 at 96,000 for free but now will not. I replaced Sensor 1 Bank 2 with no problems about 5 thousand miles later. The current problem Sensor 2 Bank 2 is bad and when I replaced it with a new Denso unit from Sparkplugs.com the Check Engine Light is still coming on after about 10 min. of driving. A check of the code is still showing Sensor 2 Bank 2 (same one). Could it be a bad part?
I have had to replace all four O2 sensors on my 2000 Tundra starting two years ago. I was in the dealer's yesterday to talk about something else, but the service advisor checked her status and told me Toyota has a recall on the front two O2 sensors and is replacing them with a new design. A new manifold is included, and this is a free replacement.

My truck is at 113,500 mi.

jim

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have had to replace all four O2 sensors on my 2000 Tundra starting two years ago. I was in the dealer's yesterday to talk about something else, but the service advisor checked her status and told me Toyota has a recall on the front two O2 sensors and is replacing them with a new design. A new manifold is included, and this is a free replacement.

jim
Well you are lucky, the extended warranty was for 90k and7 years or which ever came first. My dealer refused to honor the warranty with in the time frame for my truck, but that is another story for another topic. Now I am out of the extended warranty, purchased 10/99 and just turing 90k.

·
Registered
214 Posts

jim
Any more info on this? :ts:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts