Yup, I received direct compensation from Toyota for the "O2 Warranty Notice".Toyota sent out a notice to replace Number 1 O2 sensors in the exhaust manifolds (trouble code P0135 and P0155) at their cost as an extension to the Tundra's Emissions Warranty - "2000 to MID-2002 Model Year Tundra V8 (2UZ-FE Enigine) Oxygen Sensor Warranty Enhancement Notice". Unfortunately, the warranty was for 7-years or 90K miles. Considering your milage, I would push for the warranty. If YOU must replace them , buy the O2 sensors at RockAuto Parts Catalog - the least expensive that I have found - $60.89 each for Denso Part # 2344169 OEM. Good luck!
I dont know what's going on my 2009 Tundra has 156 I on it but gas mileage started to Dwindle, I already cleaned the mass fuel flow sensor so I decided to change all 4 O2 sensors. If you use an O2 sensor socket a blast of WD40 they will come out with no problem but I did use a 1/2" breaker bar but no stripped threads. The hardest part was pulling the electrical clips/plugs whatever you may call them. Completeted this task in about 2 hours even with taking the O2 socket set back to Auto Zone. One last suggestion, dont use the long socket as it wants to spread, use the short cross feet. The sensors will be tight so you'll have to put a little muscle into it. Goodluck!Hi,
While driving the other day, my check engine light came on. After checking Tundrasolutions, I drove to my local Autozone, and bought a code reader for $65. (I live in Calif, so they would not check it for free) After I attached the code reader, I got a p0031 code. Again, looking it up on Tundrasolutions, I knew it was the bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor. I took another drive to the dealer, where I had to shell out $167.00 for a new one. Now came the fun part. Replacing the old one!! The first step was to locate it. If followed the driver side exhaust, until i found the catalytic convertor. I looked in front of it, and there it was. Unhooking the plastic connector, was a challenge.
Using a super small screw driver, I lifted the tab on the bottom with one hand, and pried the connector apart with the other. Took a little while, but I was able to get it.
The next step was to get the sensor off.
I put some oil on the top part of the sensor, and then let it drip down. I then used the slotted socket, I bought for $15.00.
I slipped the wire through the slot, and with a little elbow grease, was able to take the sensor out.
I then screwed in the new one, and tightened it with the socket. Last step was to use the code reader to erase the code from the Tundra. After that, I fired up the car, and took it for a test drive. No more check engine light. Took about 1 hour to do, and was not tough at all. By the time I got done, it cost me $237 but that included the code reader, and socket. If you can get a free code check, that knocks $65.00 off it. I am still not sure how much the dealer would have charged me, but I have a feeling it would be more that $237