Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
Im trying to figure out what is wrong with my truck. I got code p0174 2wice when i scanned it. It states bank 2 is too lean. Does anyone know what this means??

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think it has something to do with the O2 sensor. Look around at some other posts. I think I saw something about this problem some time ago.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yes, it could be a faulty O2 sensor. But it could also be something else causing a lean condition on that bank of cylinders, such as a vacuum leak at the intake manifold.

I *think* common wisdom is that O2 sensors should be replaced at 60K miles. The after-market sensor makers sure push that, but the OEMs don't.

Bottom line is that you can replace the sensors and see if that does the trick. If not, be prepared to do more troubleshooting. With 80K miles, new O2 sensors wouldn't be a complete waste, assuming they are not the cause of the CEL.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
if you had happened to run out of gas recently, it will cause a P0174. System too lean.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
hey guys,
Im trying to figure out what is wrong with my truck. I got code p0174 2wice when i scanned it. It states bank 2 is too lean. Does anyone know what this means??
Attached is a list of possible causes of code p0174. Some causes are more simple than others. Let us know what it ends up being. I hope it is a cheap fix like a PCV valve! Good luck. (the chart is for the 4.7L)

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts