Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm glad it all worked out in the end for you. What is the kit that you borrowed from your neighbor? I have never seen anything like that!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for the response Paul. I did the PB Blaster but it didn't help. I borrowed a kit like this from my neighbor,

Turned them right off.

Also, for anyone else having any issues, another trick I picked up. I did all four sensors and for the life of me could not get the connections
clipped back together on the upstream passenger side. I could only get one hand up there then couldn't see what I was doing. I messed with it for at least 30 minutes before I gave up. Solution- Sweet talked my lovely bride and her little girly hands to climb down under my truck! We got down there (I held the light) She reached up with both hands with room to spare and see and CLICK! She even threw in a little smart ass comment like "Really...that little thing was kicking your ass!"
I used this a couple years ago. Another member of Tundra Solutions posted this solution after disconnecting the harness on the Sensors.
Another trick......go to your auto parts store and purchase some "Dielectric Gel/Grease" and put the Gel inside the connectors. The Gel will protect the connectors and lube them for easier removal.

Lexus O2 sensor extension wiring harness

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Very cool! I didn't know something like this existed.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts