Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4x4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi y’all,
My 2001 Sequoia runs like a champ with over 230k miles on her.. recently my check engine light came on during the rain and is throwing codes p0440 & 441.. I’ve replaced the gas cap, purge valve solenoid and inspected all lines for cracks, splits or disconnection- nothing.. there is however this what seems to be a directional valve piece attached to the purge valve line that, upon inspecting; found that air can pass through In Both directions which doesn’t seem right, for why the need of the part if air is supposed to pass both ways..? Also, my a/c- heater knob that changes the air temp from hot to cold clicks when I change from one to the other but if I pop the hood and pull or push the selection wire up or down, the clicking stops and air responds properly.. Lastly, while in cruise control, while accelerating up hill, it feels as if there is a slight surge in either power or fuel that lasts only a couple seconds but still very concerning to me.. 😥 Any thoughts..? I thinking possibly my charcoal canister is clogged or something..? I appreciate any advise or input anyone has as I trust first hand experience over book taught mechanics any day.. thanks so much!! 😁👍

1 - 1 of 1 Posts