Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a 08 Tundra Double Cab 4X4 Limited back in Aug 08 in Ohio. And now my problems start. I put 30 day Ohio temp tags on to bring it back into Pennsylvania. The reason for this is the dealer was not able to title and plate the truck in PA (being they were mid state Ohio). So after presenting the certificate of origin (equivalent to title) and getting a form filled out by a mechanic stating the GVW. I learn the truck is two fricken heavy to register in PA as a class 2 (1/2 ton) truck and must register in as a class 3 (3/4 Ton) Truck. So what this means at the end of the day is rather than paying 81 dollars per year for registration I will now pay 153 dollars per year.

So my question is

Has anyone else run into this problem? Or am I the only dumbass riding around in my tundra with a class 3 sticker. The reason I ask is it seems like I am the only one with a class 3 sticker on their Tundra

any comments would be greatly appreciated

Kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most tag places will reduce the GVWR by 300 lbs so you can register it for the reduced rate. Tri-county tag in State College, PA did this for me no problem...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts