Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2000 Tundra with the 1C7 paint code which is Thunder Gray Metallic... Now the actual color (never been repainted) is like a silvery pinkish rose sort of color.. It does not seem dark enough to match paint chip samples for buying touch up paint... Does anyone have this lighter color on their 2000 Tundra?? What is the paint code?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I think the best way to get the color to match with old vehicles... take the gas cap to the auto paint store and let them get the color code from the gas cap.

·
Registered
741 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Go to an autobody supply store. I have 5 variants on my 2001 040 white available. You'll have to buy a pint but they can match
the chip to your truck.

·
Registered
741 Posts
here's some pics shes a little dirty but you can kind of see that pinkish pearl in the paint. 10 years old still looks decent jmo :becky:

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, that is it... I cannot believe the difference from the chips to the actual paint!!! On a side note, what headlights/turn signals are those?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
upgrades 05 with black housing mod and corner lights are kinda hard to find, they came as a set with black headlights for 00-04

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are for a '05 but came as a set for the 2000-2004? I am stupid today...please splain to me..
Thanks...Dennis

·
Registered
917 Posts
A touch up kit will never match a paint that has pearl in it. Most likely a ten year old truck with pearl in the paint won;t be able to get a match from a auto body repair shop either. My son has a ten year old car that is red with pearl. He got a small dent in the front fender and was told the paint would only be a match in the base color but there is no way to match the pearl. The painter told him to live with the dent or repaint the whole car.

·
Registered
741 Posts
dpr64the headlights are 05 oem with black mod housing which i purchased here on ts classifieds from member battman. black corner lights were also bought in ts classifieds those were purchased from member raiderman. lights dont look to bad together jmo :D got the look i was looking for and a lot cheaper than purchasing them new, those could cost up to $300 :becky:

Chrome Clear Headlights by Custom

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, 99.9% of the time, even on brand new vehicles. even with dead on point technology, where they use computer's to put in the paint to 1 drop mixtures, it seem's no paint even from the dealership never matches.
there has been only 1 car, i ever touched up that was dead on. a infinity silver in color.
other than that, none. many are brand new, just made 2 months ago according to the door born on date.
if you have a pearl, that means it comes with a least 2 colors, 3 if they include the clear.
it still doesn't match.
thats why alot of time's if someone has a accident, body shop's blend the paint, so it's harder to tell. if they just painted the door, you will see the big difference. blending is much better. & alot harder to tell.
gorilla

1 - 14 of 14 Posts