Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys have anyone had a paint fading problem? Please help? my 08 cm superwhite has a fading spot on the hood and on 2 of my doors where it seems that the clear has faded away so its always dull i dont know what to do any help would be appreciated thanks

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I thought there wasn't any Clear-Coat on the white???

And, most of us have noticed that the paint quality isn't all that great... mostly due to environmental regulations apparently.

·
Registered
859 Posts
No clearcoat on white to my knowledge. It's been talked about before I believe. The dealer usually takes care of it under warranty. Just buffs it out I think.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
its been discussed time and time again...the white and other non metallic colors do NOT have clearcoat..they are a single stage...the white is notorious for hazing over and getting fuzzy looking. if u are under the 3/36 warranty they should take care of it..some have posted good luck with the dealer wet sanding and buffing and polishing, others have had to have panels repainted...if beyond the 36k mile bumper to bumper warranty, good luck..they might do it for you, they might not. if i were you i'd take some time to print out several of the threads on white hazy spots and those sort of search terms and go in armed with all that so they know there is a problem that wasnt neglect on your part, in case they want to say "uh we never have seen this before" like they sometimes want to do...but yeah, its a known issue, and looks horrible IMO.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guy

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
toyota white and toyota red has always had issues in the harsh southern stated if not kept waxed good..

usually toyota will fix it under warranty unless they find it was repainted of course... I saw a few here and there get repainted... i would call the 1800 number ahead of time and ask them what they want you to do..

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
and your truck looks cool in the little pic.. got any larger ones? what size wheels?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wells went to the stealership today and they are playing dumb and said you have to polish and wax every month i just looked at them stupid and they refuse to do anything about it. So i need help again i got 31K and my warranty is about to run out what is that 1800 number im suppose to call and what am i suppose to say thanks in advance any help appreciated.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Call 1800 or go to a different dealer. Number is in front cover of manual - 1 800 331 4331

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
or try 1800 228 8559.. thats the extra care number,, im sure they can lead you in the right direction on who to call if fragman's number doesnt help... but im sure the number he posted is the "one"

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I have a red '07' crewmax and I am pretty sure it is clearcoated. I do not have metallic paint. I have never seen any red paint on my towel when I am finished polishing. I have owned many cars and trucks and I have experienced non clear coat finishes when polishing. It is a totally different experience. Very very happy with the finish on my truck. I use dry wash n' guard polish. I do not polish my truck monthly, more like 2 times a year. :)

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I have a red '07' crewmax and I am pretty sure it is clearcoated. I do not have metallic paint. I have never seen any red paint on my towel when I am finished polishing. I have owned many cars and trucks and I have experienced non clear coat finishes when polishing. It is a totally different experience. Very very happy with the finish on my truck. I use dry wash n' guard polish. I do not polish my truck monthly, more like 2 times a year. :)
well i doubt we want to get into this again, but toyota themselves sent an email that was posted in one of my other threads...black, red, white (the non metalic colors) are in fact single stage paint. i never had white come off on my towel after polishing my original paint job eitehr, but then again i wasnt using abrasive polish for any reason....but according to them, red is one of them thats not clear'd.

·
Registered
859 Posts
My understanding that red is not clearcoated either. I have had non clearcoted cars in the past and unless I used an abrasive compound, it never lifted the paint so I could see it on my towel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts