Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my BHLM today and threw in a pic of my painted engine cover (dusty tho).

·
Registered
797 Posts
Looking good!
Im really debating whether i shold do my lights:confused:
Im not sure because I have chrome bumper and as is, they match well, but then i have the painted grille and the BHLM would match that...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do it. Then wipe out the rest of the chrome!!! I am working on getting it all off.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Looks good, really like the engine cover blends right in. I dont know how the BLM would look on a silver sky. Anyone got pics?

·
Registered
424 Posts
BHLM Looks good on almost anything... I agree with badguybuster, DOWN WITH CHROME!:devil: As for the OP...Looks good, never thought to do that to the engine cover.:tu:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yeah, eventually i wanna get them powdercoated
But can they match any color??

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a silver tacoma that I did the BHLM too and it looked friggin fantastic!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks good, nice job. I took my headlights out of my car a few years back and popped them in the over so I could take out the nasty amber lense and replace with a clear lense, but that wasn't a $30k truck so I wasn't so worried about it. I'd love to do it to my tundra but (A) can't find a good link to the video tutorial (B) need to send my wife somewhere for a while so she doesn't freak out when I pop them in the oven. I'd rather she just see it when they're done.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Looks good, nice job. I took my headlights out of my car a few years back and popped them in the over so I could take out the nasty amber lense and replace with a clear lense, but that wasn't a $30k truck so I wasn't so worried about it. I'd love to do it to my tundra but (A) can't find a good link to the video tutorial (B) need to send my wife somewhere for a while so she doesn't freak out when I pop them in the oven. I'd rather she just see it when they're done.
honestly if you have already done one oven/light mod your good. u dont need the video specific to the tundra. almost any car out there or truck for that matter has black headlight mod done to it over the years and they are all pretty much the same exact thing. it was on a hyunda tiburon i had when we were all taking the amber reflectors out of them (i tinted mine on the black car and it looked good)....they all come apart the same way.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Great job on both! Painting the engine cover and other lids are an easy and cheap mod; however, I learned that you must prep the TRD CAI lid because the paint came off. I am guessing that a little sanding and primer will work just fine once I get some time and decent weather.........

Again, GREAT JOB!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have been looking at getting these headlights since christmas and the smoked fogs to match
Toyota Tundra 07-10 LED Halo Projector Headlights JDM Black

My wife just saw the pics of the BHLM and much to my surprise she loves the way they look and is completely on board. Also on board with my wanting to tint the tails.

While I'm thinking of it. Has anyone removed the amber lense while they had the lights apart?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts