Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i decided to paint my engine cover...just kinda had a bug to after seeing some others done...

I'm not the best painter, or masker...but ehh, it looks aight to me. Decided to do red on my black trucks in preparation for hopefully getting the TRD CAI with red coupler as well as possibly doing my calipers and drums...we shall see though.

enjoy

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks good to me, man:tu::tu:!! i saw alot of guys over on tn doing it, so im thinkin im gonna do mine this wknd! ill paint mine silver to match my truck!! so, what did you do for the letters? tape them off or what?
tape them off and razor bladed around the tape...i wish i had painted them black first...but o well it doesnt look half bad like that

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My hand painting skills are worse than my rattle can skills...i think its best if i just leave it...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Come on man, it looks totally out of place. Nice pretty cover with a dirty engine, what are you thinking?

:tu:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i can only imagine how much better it will look once i can finally get a TRD CAI...

the more i look at it, I'm tempted to paint some other things underneath there too...

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I think the cover looks very good... BUT!!! You must get out the Armor All or whatever, to clean all the black under there... Hoses and black duct work need some polishing too... Anything you can make shiny under there, will compliment the red cover even better...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I think the cover looks very good... BUT!!! You must get out the Armor All or whatever, to clean all the black under there... Hoses and black duct work need some polishing too... Anything you can make shiny under there, will compliment the red cover even better...
I've found Armor All collects a lot of dust and dirt, especially out in New Mexico. I prefer Finish 2001, it doesnt give that extra shine that AA gives, buts its not as prone to collect dust, and it doesnt smell as bad. Plus, if you dont use AA regularly, I've found it can actually dry and crack things. Any other good cleaners out there?

I wonder if theres anything you can spray on after its clean to wisk away water, which should cut down on a lot of the grime.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've found Armor All collects a lot of dust and dirt, especially out in New Mexico. I prefer Finish 2001, it doesnt give that extra shine that AA gives, buts its not as prone to collect dust, and it doesnt smell as bad. Plus, if you dont use AA regularly, I've found it can actually dry and crack things. Any other good cleaners out there?

I wonder if theres anything you can spray on after its clean to wisk away water, which should cut down on a lot of the grime.
finish 2001 is good, but there is actually a silicon spray that someone makes that you spray on plastics(like the plastic body pieces on a four wheeler), and it shines it pretty good, but it doesnt collect alot of dust like armor all does!!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
finish 2001 is good, but there is actually a silicon spray that someone makes that you spray on plastics(like the plastic body pieces on a four wheeler), and it shines it pretty good, but it doesnt collect alot of dust like armor all does!!
Do 4 wheeler shops sell the stuff? If you happen to run across the name of it, please post it up so we can try it out.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts

Yes it does collect dust as I was basically using it as an example... Try here: You may find something...
Engine Detailing
Car Detailing Supplies, Car Wax, Car Polishers, Car Care Products
Info: Ultimate SE-R Engine Detailing
Engine Detailing

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you want the letters black then just take a sanding block and lightly sand the silver paint down until the black plastic reappears and just brush a clear coat back on it to brighten and it would not be as tedious as painting it with black paint. Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts