Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this over on that "other forum" and now here - hoping to find a solution:

I have a 2011 Tundra CM, SR5 w/ TRD package. It has the stock non-Nav head unit that includes XM and Bluetooth. Until two weeks ago I had an iPhone 4 that was paired and working perfectly. When BT audio was selected I could stream Internet radio, Pandora, Spotify, and internal music without any issues. If I had any music source selected including AM/FM/XM/CD, iPhone via USB, or flash drive/USB - they all worked fine. If I held down the Home button, the voice command function would automatically mute the audio source and place the phone's audio instead. The same applied to receiving calls - If I answered an incoming call, the music would be muted and the phone call audio would be the only thing played through the stereo speakers. All was good.

Two weeks ago I threw off the Apple leash and picked up an AT&T Galaxy S4 as a regular upgrade. I have been able to pair the phone to the headunit and I can stream music, Pandora, and Spotify from the phone to the OEM headunit. I can also use the but only if I select the BT Audio source. The automatic muting of the other music sources doesn't happen for incoming calls, or when attempting to use voice commands. Did I miss something?

When I paired the phone I deleted all other phones and BT audio devices/players from the head unit first. Then I paired the phone and also selected the "internal audio player" option. So what am I doing wrong? The whole point of the BT connection is the hands free calling, but at this point I have to manually switch over to the BT audio (from any other music source) to hear the call through the speakers and make calls. :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably a phone setting.

I have the exact same set-up, and my music mutes when I get a phone call.

I hate that it goes mute when I get a notification though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I eventually solved some of the issues, but not all with using the BT functions. If you want to use voice command (which sux compared to the iPhone) you still have to switch over to BT Audio for the source which wasn't the case for the iPhone. I agree that the muting for notifications is annoying, and now it has developed a really annoying problem. When streaming music stored on the phone sometimes it just quits playing. Both the phone and head unit continue to display they are in play mode (not paused) but no sound. Nothing I do on the head unit gets it going again. The only solution seems to be to press pause or stop on the phone and then to press play again. Hand-free? Not so much.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
I paired my S3 to audio first and then phone. It did not work correctly, I deleted it and started over, I did phone then audio and all works as it should.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts