Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between these two items? I've got a small knob at bottom of my dash that says Park Pilot, but the manual doesn't explain what this knob/dial does. The truck does "beep" a lot but there is no indicator to show me how close I am to an item. Maybe I have to get used to the beeping to be able to judge how close I am. Also, maybe the dial/knob adjusts the sensitivity or the volume. Can anyone help me? This is a 2007 DC SR5.

·
Registered
528 Posts
What is the difference between these two items? I've got a small knob at bottom of my dash that says Park Pilot, but the manual doesn't explain what this knob/dial does. The truck does "beep" a lot but there is no indicator to show me how close I am to an item. Maybe I have to get used to the beeping to be able to judge how close I am. Also, maybe the dial/knob adjusts the sensitivity or the volume. Can anyone help me? This is a 2007 DC SR5.

Have you read your owners manual? :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Owner's Manual doesn't address this knob/dial that is on my truck. It talks about a switch beneath the "Multi-information display/accessory meter control switches", which I don't have on my truck. The switch I have isn't shown in the manual.

Tom

·
Registered
621 Posts
The day I need a sensor to tell me how to park my truck is the day I will turn in my MAN CARD.:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
hello,i would go back to the dealer for a lesson . a lot of dealers have new owners demos at a regular date. my dealers does so every thursday evening. i believe i read if the option code ends in ,ex: po,nvo ,it is port or dealer installed option , so your owners manual may not have it . good luck

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Seems like another case of GST or SET cheap aftermarket add on rip offs.

The factory has front and rear, and is intergrated into a sonar on/off button on the right, next to the steering wheel and the multi-informational display in the center of the cab near the wind shield (which shows proximity from which sensor).

Mine beeps slow once you are in range, increases as I get closer, to a steady solid beep when I am about to hit. The M.I.D. shows an orange flashing dot, in relationship to the truck, on what bumper and which corner(s) are closest to an object.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Seems like another case of GST or SET cheap aftermarket add on rip offs.

The factory has front and rear, and is intergrated into a sonar on/off button on the right, next to the steering wheel and the multi-informational display in the center of the cab near the wind shield (which shows proximity from which sensor).

Mine beeps slow once you are in range, increases as I get closer, to a steady solid beep when I am about to hit. The M.I.D. shows an orange flashing dot, in relationship to the truck, on what bumper and which corner(s) are closest to an object.
Wow, I didn't know that! That is so friggin' COOL...can't wait to get mine!

wooo hoo

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MXSJW, You are right - an option added at port that's not in owner's manual. The knob/switch, according to dealer, after a few calls, is to turn it off and on. Mine seems to be always on, and for $500+, is a dissapointment - mainly because only the front corners are wired, not straight ahead. I got this option because I'm not used to a big truck and wanted help with parking.

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wow, I didn't know that! That is so friggin' COOL...can't wait to get mine!

wooo hoo
Hey Woody,

When is your truck scheduled to arrive, the dealer told me today, sometime between the first to the middle of June..:confused: :cry:

Tgallen, GGwoody,

We may need to plan a meet at a local Hooters in Columbia when we all have our trucks.:D I'm located in the Augusta , GA area..You guys ride motorcycles?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts