Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

I stopped to let a man cross the parking lot and a loser in a caprice backed out of the handicap spot (he shouldnt have been in) into the side of my truck.

The guy was a real loser. Played the victim, said a lot of stupid stuff. It was obvious to the cop what had happened. He happened to be my friend cop too :)

anyway, luckily (and suprisingly) the guy had insurance. It was on private property, but the police report will have a clear diagram of what happened according to my friend the cop who is drawing it.

-Tim

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've seen a lot of idiots backing out of parking spaces and not looking behind them. Once, a car backed out of a space at a quick pace, (front wheel drive), and backed 'on to' the only car behind him. He was able to drive off of the other vehicles trunk. I turned around at the island and stopped. The guy parked in front of the store and came out with a store employee. If there had been a family walkiing behind this guy when he backed-up, he would have injured if not killed them. IDIOTS!!

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Sorry to hear about your truck. I got T-boned by a Mazda that ran a stop sign a couple months ago so I know the feeling.:(
Find a really good shop to do the repair and be sitting down when the tell you the cost!:eek:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sorry about your nice truck being ruined by some loser. I always look around when backing up and use my back up cam also. I dont want to hit anyone or anything.

·
Registered
754 Posts
WHY is it always the littles cars that hit US bigger trucks and not the other way around!!! I hear it all the time "you big truck people on the road dont see us and hit us little cars"....yeah ok I believe that people who drive bigger trucks such as are trucks are more careful and cautous cause we drive the drive the big trucks...

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Bummer, dude. At least he didn't run over a person...if he didn't see your giant truck behind him, there's no way he would have seen a 4 yr old.
In CA you can be issued a ticket for using a handicap parking spot without a placard displayed...even on private property. My boss got a $430 ticket for using the handicap spot in his own parking lot.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I hate to see this man!! It will be good as new soon though. At least the guy had insurance!

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I hate to see this man!! It will be good as new soon though. At least the guy had insurance!
Yep, at least he had insurance. I had a car totaled out by a drunk chick who not only had no insurance and no license, she was under house arrest and shouldn't have even been out in the first place. After paying the claim that POS insurance company (GEICO) dropped us.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Glad to know you got friends on the force, sorry to hear about the truck man.

·
Registered
823 Posts
dude that blows , what you doing with the rear bumper:becky:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dude that blows , what you doing with the rear bumper:becky:
Probly getting replaced. I'm gonna make sure they do it right. I'll ask for my old parts don't worry buddy.

-Tim

·
Registered
823 Posts
sick see i told you i would get that bumper one day:tu: :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh man, does that suck! A truck as nice as yours, I would parked the Tundra, and beat the dude to near death...

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's why I park out at the end of the parking lot and I double park.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's why I park out at the end of the parking lot and I double park.
Me too, except I don't take up two spaces because I'm considerate. However, this happened when I was stopped while driving not parked.

His insurance company is a pain to deal with already.

-Tim

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Me too, except I don't take up two spaces because I'm considerate. However, this happened when I was stopped while driving not parked.

-Tim
Agreed!

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts

-Tim
Let me guess... Progressive or Geico?

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts