Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 DC 4x4 really needs front brakes. With 130k miles, I'm gonna do rotors, and calipers. I just want to get good quality replacement parts. What's good stuff to get, and what should I expect to pay?

THANKS

·
Registered
439 Posts
You will hear all types of name brands mentioned her, but what is important to me is being able to get quality parts local as you may need to repair or need extra parts in a hurry. Spending money in your local area is good as you get to know the people you live around.

Buy a good quality name brand that has a warringty, from a company that stands behind they product, Napa, or other good parts stores in your area. There are alot of good family businesses out there.

Most places, even on line ones carry low priced (made in somewhere) rotors, put those next to the higher priced ones and you will see what you are getting for your money, next buy good set of ceramic pads, good sets come with all the shims and lube in them, if not they sell what you need there.

The last thing is to buy a big bottle of brake fluid and suck out all the old fluid in the resovior and fill with fresh then go and bleed out all the old fluid till you get all the old stuff out, keeping the res full during this process.

Follow that manufactures instructions on bedding the new pads, don't over do it and should be very pleased.

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
If you're replacing the rotors with oem's I'd suggest that you consider carbon metallic brake pads for increased braking power. I wish I'd put them on sooner because the stock pads were weak compared to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts