Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I pulled the factory mats before they even got a footprint upon them and replaced them with WeatherTech fitted mats. I love the way they fit! I have but one problem: The passenger mat does not have the same retainer on the floor as the driver. Is there a hole under the rug to put one or two? I know if I don't find a solution my darling wife will continuing to push the mat into the glove box and with winter coming the carpet will be ruined. Please share your hints. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Those retainers on the driver's side keep the mat in place and prevent it from interfering with the pedals.
The passenger side and rear pieces are a different story, and have no retainer clips.
However, retainers/clips can be had at some auto parts stores.

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
You might try the "hook" half of some industrial strength velcro. I have used it before to attach stuff to carpet. Home Depot has the heavy duty stuff.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
There is a thread out there about this. I contacted WeatherTech. They sent me a "heavy duty" velcro strip to use between the mat and the plastic piece neaar the door frame. In the heat of the summer the adhesive failed. So I called again. They sent out a new passenger side mat and I sent back the original, but the new one slides too.

I might call them again and complain but it probably won't help. The design needs to be re-thought out. A couple anchors in the carpet would do it for sure but I havn't got around to finding a kit to install in the carpet.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I thought I was the only one lol.. I hate seeing it get pushed up everytime some one gets in and out.. its like the teeth on the bottom don't work.. someone should make something to fix it.. I am going to take a better look at the drivers side and see if I could make something like that for the passengers side

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used heavy duty Velcro on the edge where it lays on the plastic near the door and it worked great. I didn't have any problem with it coming off in the Florida heat this summer.

·
Registered
799 Posts
You have to watch what velcro you get, some of them have crappy adhesive. I used some from HD on my e-zpass and on a hot day it fell off my windshield and got the adhesive all over the seat. :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts