Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front passenger side window will not roll down in my other car, a 2001 Honda Civic with power windows, but all the other windows work.

I noticed that the fuse for that particular window was blown, and after replacing it and trying to roll the window down again the fuse immediately went out again.

From your experiences what does this typically mean? I have a new window motor and regulator but I haven't installed it yet in case it is something simpler like the switch.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The front passenger side window will not roll down in my other car, a 2001 Honda Civic with power windows, but all the other windows work.

I noticed that the fuse for that particular window was blown, and after replacing it and trying to roll the window down again the fuse immediately went out again.

From your experiences what does this typically mean? I have a new window motor and regulator but I haven't installed it yet in case it is something simpler like the switch.
More than likely a short in the wire somewhere...I would suggest starting near the doorpanel and looking for a wire that is exposed. Probably won't be a very fun project, but it's gotta be done

·
Registered
290 Posts
^Sounds like a shorted switch...Has anyone spilled any type of liquid on the door panel switch that you know off? Does both switches drivers and passengers side cause the fuse to blow? If so, you have a bad window motor or a short within the system.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would agree, its probably a short somewhere...however, that isn't something you have to do, bring that thing to the dealer!! Warranty!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I would agree, its probably a short somewhere...however, that isn't something you have to do, bring that thing to the dealer!! Warranty!
you missed the part about it being a 2001 civic...my guess is no more warranty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts