Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run across people all the time trying to rip me and everybody else off and I usually vent about it, but this time, its a GOOD report!!!

Now, Im no dummy when it comes to trucks, but its alot easier on me to take my truck somewhere for work/repair/maintenance rather than cut into my fishing and hunting time and do it myself.

Since I drive 50k miles a year, I have alot of maintenance to keep up with. In the last week or so, I have been looking for a place to get my front end realligned on my truck. I have a 2008 Toyota Tundra 4x4 with a 3 inch lift and aftermarket 20" rims and 35" tires (that part will come into play shortly)

I visited 3 different allignment shops in Baytown and got 3 different prices and explanations.

Stop 1: Walk in and 2 guys sitting there twiddling their thumbs. Ask them about a front end allignment, they say its $99. How long is it gonna take? The two sit there and argue until they agree on 3 hours. We go outside to look at the truck and the guy says, "Oh, thats a lifted truck. Its gonna be $149 and I need the allignment specs from the lift kit company.... Ok, no problem, got that covered.... we get closer "Oh, wait a second. Those are 20 inch rims, thats an extra 100 bucks." Huh??? Why is it more cuz of the 20s? "Oh, those are considered EXOTIC rims... they are tough to allign... its 25 bucks for each rim." DO WHAT??? The MAXIMUM number of rims you would even have to touch is TWO! "I meant that its 50 bucks a rim." I asked for my Exotic keys back and left... Im not paying 250 bucks to have my front end alligned... this aint my first rodeo folks...

Stop 2: This was actually just a phone call to the place that had done the initial allignment after I installed the lift a year ago. Price has gone from $100 to $125 in a year... Now, you ask, why didnt you go there in the first place? Well, I was originally quoted $80 for the allignment... I left my CC with them because I wasnt gonna be picking up the vehicle and their phone lines were down... i get the credit card bill and it was ran for $100... Thought it was a little shady, but when I called back to see what the deal was, the guy was a total douchestick and said, Well, we arent going to UNDO the allignment and give you your money back...

Stop 3: QUEUE the angels singing... I went to pick my mom up from CLARKS WHEEL AND TIRE over off of Market Street in old Baytown yesterday when she dropped her car off to get the brakes done. My family has alway used Clarks and they really helped me out in a bind 2 years ago with a brake job on my Tacoma that the IDIOTS at JUST BRAKES on GARTH ROAD IN BAYTOWN had flat out massacred. I mentioned the allignment and Juan says, "Oh, Mr Church, I can take care of that for you with no problem." How long? "Drop it off to me tomorrow at lunch and I will have it done by 3 at the latest. Its $55" AWESOME!!! Had I known they did allignments, I woulda went to them first!

Well, Juan called me today at 2pm to let me know that my truck was finished early. I go to pick it up. His shop helper stops me and compliments me on the truck and says "Mr Church, I saw your new registration sticker on your seat, so I went ahead and scraped the old one off and replaced it with the new one." THANKS!!

I go to pay the bill, Juan says, "Mr Church, we went ahead and rotated your tires for you as well. The air was too low in all of them, so we filled them with the recommended tire pressure from the manufacturer. I also checked to see how your brakes looked. You should be good for another 25k miles or so."

Now, anywhere else that you would go would have charged you a CONVENIENCE fee for checking brakes or air pressure and all that little stuff.... not Clarks.... I cut the check for $55 was on my way. Before I left, Juan grabs a shop towell, wipes his hand off, extends it out for a handshake and says "Mr. Church, we appreciate your business. If you have any problems or questions, just let me know."

So, here is a lengthy letter to extend my grattitude to Juan and his fellow employees at Clarks. They are an excellent example of how businesses should be run. They have earned my business from now on and I will not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. I will also be writing them a letter as well, thanking them for their excellent service.

Thanks again to:

CLARKS WHEEL AND BRAKE Service
2400 Market Street
Baytown, Tx 77520

(281) 422-9437

·
Registered
519 Posts
WOW thats great! Thats reminds me of the dealership I take my truck to. I know must people have bad luck with dealerships but Fred Haas Country on 249 here in houston has bent over backwards for me. Good write up and if I lived there I would use Clarks!!!! Thanks

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Good to hear that there are still a few good places out there to do business with, I need eo find a place over here on this side of town.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear that there are still a few good places out there to do business with, I need eo find a place over here on this side of town.

Now where have I read that before.... hahahaha....

·
Registered
112 Posts
LOL gotta spread it around!!!
Hey I live in Richmond also. Grand Parkway and 59. I usually do all the work myself and the stuff I can't or don't do I have a buddy that is a mech do them for me.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Hey I live in Richmond also. Grand Parkway and 59. I usually do all the work myself and the stuff I can't or don't do I have a buddy that is a mech do them for me.
Welcome! If you get a chance try and make one of the meets and join in on the addiction!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I love my truck but it ain't the greatest looker. Not sure I want to go to meets and embarrass myself with the nice trucks.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
It's all good bro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts