Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 V8 Tundra and want to change the exhaust. I went to my local shop and told them i wanted a Flowmaster 40 series muffler with 2.5 in piping out to a Ypipe then to 4 in tips behind the tires. They wanted $400, this seems a bit much and wanted to see what some people thought.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
With the purchase of flowmasters included? If that's for everything, $400 doesn't sound bad with them bending and cutting pipes.

$400 just for labor is a ripoff though. Don't do it. Hell, you can buy a flowmaster with dual exit tailpipes for like 350 and some change.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It basically sounds like they're making you a nearly full exhaust, so $400 isn't bad. But like the other guy said, if thats just labor, it's a rip.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is well within reason if its parts and labor. The cat back kit for a Tundra is like $475 or so parts alone. So for a shop made kit this is about normal. My shop wanted $420 for everything

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an 01 V8 Tundra and want to change the exhaust. I went to my local shop and told them i wanted a Flowmaster 40 series muffler with 2.5 in piping out to a Ypipe then to 4 in tips behind the tires. They wanted $400, this seems a bit much and wanted to see what some people thought.

I paid $400 for mine, it has the 50 series muffler on it.. Sounds great..

·
Registered
425 Posts
Is the $400 for everything muffler/tips/y-pipe?
If so, that's a good price.

·
Registered
247 Posts
For $400 I'll make the drive down to get my exhaust done there. My buddy who runs the local midas quoted me $200 to do mine, but I had to purchase the mufflers and tips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts