Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, i did search, i found a formula, but my math sucks! I am looking to purchase a bumper pull travel trailer. Nothing too crazy, 25-28 footer. I have one 4wheeler and i am looking to purchase another one as well. My question is, at 700 pounds a piece, would i be overloading my trucks capacity hauling 2 quads on a diamondback style cover and towing a 6-7k trailer?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
yup, but one option would be to put one in the bed and then put one at the back of the trailer. you would need a custom bracket welded on to the trailer but depending on the trailer and quad weight, its a possibility. You might still be over on the payload but you would be much closer....

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yea, you'll be overloaded. With air bags and a WDH you could probably make it work, but not legally, and probably not safely. Don't know your budget for a trailer, but have you considered a toy hauler?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A toy hauler is looking like its the way its going to have to do. This will be my first RV, so i wasn't looking to spend a great deal of money on one. I will just keep an eye out for a nice used one. Thanks for the info. I just found the thread started a few days ago about payload. Toyota needs to step the heck up with a 3/4 ton truck already. :afro:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts