Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not another recall related thread... This is due to a different pedal issue I have been having.

Issue was that my truck went into "limp" mode, had several dash MIL's illuminated. First diagnosed as a relay, then the entire pedal assembly. It took the dealer 16 DAYS to (not) "fix" my pedal issue... I got the truck back - truck feels better, but still not right. I used to have to be careful pulling out into traffic because the truck would spin the tires it had so much power off the line. :( I doubt I could get the truck to spin the tires from just hitting the accelerator if I tried. MIL's were off when I picked up the truck and during the drive home. Which brings me to issue #2:

The dealer parked it underneath a tree with a bunch of birds in the tree, so it was full of leaves, twigs and bird droppings. While washing off the bird droppings I realized that the truck was damaged at the dealership. My paint is chipped off on the fender, which was underneath a bird dropping... :(

Issue #3: I just noticed that I have the "sagging/falling" dashboard problem now.

SO... Back to the dealer we go again. Just thought I'd share my experience with everyone here. I know how to take care of the problem - but needed to vent my frustration somewhere.

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bummer man. Mine goes in Saturday for the pedal recall. I guess I might have to watch them a little closer.

Sent you some points to help ease the pain.
Thanks...

I could never spin the tires on my crew max! I wonder if something is wrong with my truck? If I get on the gas hard it bogg down I think it is the nanny system is it?
Mine would at least do a 1/4 spin, although I woud let out of it before it would totally "spin." I could also "snap your head" back into the headrest. I haven't tried to lite the tires up until they smoked. In any event, the truck feels gutless at the moment... So something isn't right.

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is why I will stay and wait on my truck when it goes to the dealer for whatever..If they have to order a part, they can put it back together and I will bring it back when it comes in! Fawkers do not care!

Unfortunately this service took 16 days... I would had to have people bring me food, laundry, etc...

I do a walk around before and after I pick it up. It is isn't dented or scratched. The paint was chipped and underneath some bird poop. Maybe that was why they parked it there. It is chipped in a wierd spot, like the door of jacked up truck on 44" tires did it.

It probably isn't anything a bottle of touch up paint and a skilled paint/body person couldn't fix in a few minutes and you wouldn't know it was there. Everytime I have made a place fix a simple scratch the repair looked worse than the damage...

The ipone video camera thing is great idea...

I'll provide an update after my visit this afternoon.

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I like the loaf of bread idea.... BTW - Quick Update:

Dealer is going to wash the truck and fix the paint chip - didn't really have to scream for those... Back in a rental Corolla this time. (I guess the next time is a yaris, since I keep going down in rental car sizes)

Going to have to look into why the lights still come on and the truck is in limp mode. It was better today taking it to the dealer, but still not quite right. When the lights came on I got a photo to document, just in case a code wasn't set.

Ohh and I got a regular pedal without the recall being done. I am going to ask him about the recall and I forgot to mention the dash board sag problem... The passenger side of the dash is lower than the driver side. I know that has been talked about at length here...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.