Toyota Tundra Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
Say what you want about some people not caring about what it looks like - for them to cut it down with a grinder is a hackjob. I'd be willing to bet the majority of people who took their car in for a "fix" and were showed that would be upset with it no matter what their background in cars. Even someone with minimal knowledge of automobiles has to see that "fix" for what it is.

You honestly don't see anything wrong with them doing that?
I agree with you 100%. This whole shim and pedal trimming is the most half-assed "repair" I've seen in a long time. That is why I absolutely refuse to have this recall performed on my truck. I'm not convinced there is a problem anyway. I'll let the people that absolutely must have it done be the guinea pigs. I'll wait until Toyota makes a replacement pedal assembly available, then I'll take it in.

· Registered
104 Posts

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I like the loaf of bread idea.... BTW - Quick Update:

Dealer is going to wash the truck and fix the paint chip - didn't really have to scream for those... Back in a rental Corolla this time. (I guess the next time is a yaris, since I keep going down in rental car sizes)

Going to have to look into why the lights still come on and the truck is in limp mode. It was better today taking it to the dealer, but still not quite right. When the lights came on I got a photo to document, just in case a code wasn't set.

Ohh and I got a regular pedal without the recall being done. I am going to ask him about the recall and I forgot to mention the dash board sag problem... The passenger side of the dash is lower than the driver side. I know that has been talked about at length here...

· Registered
864 Posts
...I am going to ask him about the recall and I forgot to mention the dash board sag problem... The passenger side of the dash is lower than the driver side. I know that has been talked about at length here...
There is a TSB for the sinking dash... check the sticky.

I have an appointment to bring in my truck for the gas pedal recall.. I'll ask them whether they will trim the pedal or not... if they do... I will tell them.. I'll wait til the permanent solution is taking place. I will not drive and accept a mickey mouse fix like that.

· Registered
104 Posts
I like the loaf of bread idea...
Haha this one time my buddy devin threw a couple of those dollar cheeseburgs from mac shack (aka mcdonalds) in the bed of my truck without me knowing and while we were eating our food i looked in my rearview and saw a SWARM of seagullz descending on the back of my truck. I was like wtf lol...then he fessed up. We threw a bun on the hood and started to drive away and this one brave gull came and snatched it up...it was frikkin hilarious to watch :D

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.