Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!!

Been a while, this place sure has changed! I've been a member since 2000 when I got my 2k Tundra SR5 4WD. I was just looking thru some old tundra pix and decided to stop by. Hopefully some of the guys/gals that remember me will step in and say hello. I am thinking (hard) of selling my old 4Runner for a 1st gen Tundra. I love this gen over the 2nd gen, especially the IS edition.

Anyway, hope to talk to some of you guys soon. Lemme know if there's going to be a local meet in the near future.

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Hey guys!!

Been a while, this place sure has changed! I've been a member since 2000 when I got my 2k Tundra SR5 4WD. I was just looking thru some old tundra pix and decided to stop by. Hopefully some of the guys/gals that remember me will step in and say hello. I am thinking (hard) of selling my old 4Runner for a 1st gen Tundra. I love this gen over the 2nd gen, especially the IS edition.

Anyway, hope to talk to some of you guys soon. Lemme know if there's going to be a local meet in the near future.

Good to hear from you again! Hope all is well.

·
Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,172 Posts
Hey guys!!

Yo! Still here too! Hanging and doing trails with Dyogim when we can get together. :tu:

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Everything is good! I see you still have your 1st gen Tundra, what's the goods??
Engine is pretty much untouched. A few mods here and there since the sas and armor. Installed a home made roof rack, swapped out my bench seats to buckets, HID integrated fog lights, auxuillary lights on the roof rack and underneath the truck, detroit locker in the rear (blew my lock right).

Now I'm in the process of building a home made tonneau cover. It's a two piece section that slides out when the tail gate is down. One of the sections will have folding legs to be used as a table when camping. Still need to swap out my push button transfer case for a manual transfer case. Just need to find a part for the xfer case and complete the install. Recently got a winch for my birfday. So, I need some mounts welded on to the front cross member to have the winch plate and winch bolted down.

Lots to do....

What are the goods on the runner?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice...I like all the mods on your Tundra. The SAS dramatically changed the stance and the lift is true, not that IFS lift kits aren't. They just don't stand out as much IMO.

The 4Runner was going to get SAS and other power upgrades but I ended up getting a new toy which is a '90 Nissan 300Z, its non turbo. However, I have big plans for it including an LS2 engine swap or maybe a VQ35 or maybe a 2JZ or MAYBE an RB25....geez I can't make up my mind! LOL So right now the 4Runner is going to be the DD. But lately, I've been longing to own a 1st gen Tundra again, I just love this truck over the 2nd gens. When I get one, it'll probably be a street setup since living in LA doesn't afford me to take trips to the trails. But we'll see since things always change for me.

Engine is pretty much untouched. A few mods here and there since the sas and armor. Installed a home made roof rack, swapped out my bench seats to buckets, HID integrated fog lights, auxuillary lights on the roof rack and underneath the truck, detroit locker in the rear (blew my lock right).

Now I'm in the process of building a home made tonneau cover. It's a two piece section that slides out when the tail gate is down. One of the sections will have folding legs to be used as a table when camping. Still need to swap out my push button transfer case for a manual transfer case. Just need to find a part for the xfer case and complete the install. Recently got a winch for my birfday. So, I need some mounts welded on to the front cross member to have the winch plate and winch bolted down.

Lots to do....

What are the goods on the runner?

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
whut up dennis! i'm still here too!

my lease is coming up on my second tundra later this year, but i think i'm just gonna buy it. not too fond of the body of genII trucks.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same here, the body design on the 2nd gen is too bulky. I don't know why Toyota never made a street version, aggressive stance and wheels like what they did with the XRunner.

whut up dennis! i'm still here too!

my lease is coming up on my second tundra later this year, but i think i'm just gonna buy it. not too fond of the body of genII trucks.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I don't know why Toyota never made a street version, aggressive stance and wheels like what they did with the XRunner.
I know why, Toyota left that up to GUTZ, check his truck out. It's the closest thing to a 2nd gen Tundra x-runner. Rims, lowered stance, and supercharged.

You could probably stick a RB25 in that Z pretty easy. I think that would be cooler than an LS1, but that's just me. Cool to see an old member come back. Points sent.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Late to the thread, but I'm still lurking about as well. :) Good to see some familiar names still on the boards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts