Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20 for 2 years now but just saw that they have come out with Pennzoil Ultra which is recommended by Ferrari...With an oil change coming up in 1000 miles I think I'll give it a shot. Has anybody tried it yet?........ Pennzoil - Not just oil, Pennzoil

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
read the title and thought u meant synthetic blend as in the combo synthetic blend thats not full synthetic.

but hey. if that oil is what does it for you, then by all means go for it.

i'll stick to my cheap dino oil that works just fine. :)

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I'd just stick with the PP, unless there's a significant price difference. PP has proven itself to be a terrific oil, and it's synthetic; PU is nothing but a blend.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Its higher priced then the regular PP full Syn(@WalMarts)
I dont see where the performance justifies the cost over the regular PP Full Syn,which is already proven.

Nitrogen infused gasoline is bad enough :becky:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha ya they sell it at walmart and it's supposed to be "better" than the PP according to pennzoil's website. But I was just curious to see if anybody has used it or heard anything good about it...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd just stick with the PP, unless there's a significant price difference. PP has proven itself to be a terrific oil, and it's synthetic; PU is nothing but a blend.
What do you mean PU is nothing but a blend?? It's fully synthetic just as PP is??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts