Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! i have an 2007 crewmax with 5.7l, and i went to the track and ran an 14.6 all stock. Im wondering what parts to buy to get the most horsepower. Im thinking about the volant cai, and was wanting to hear about what other aftermarket parts yall had that made the most improvement at the 1/4 mile besides the supercharger... I just cant come to terms with dropping $7000 on a supercharger right now. Thanks for all input and info.:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I added the volant and picked up 2 tenths in the 1/4 when it was 104 degrees out, can't wait to see what it does when it actually has some real cold air to pull in. also, i gained an average of about 1.5 mpg when i drive nice. plus the sound is awesome when you get into it. i am currently working on a custom exhaust so i'll have to see what that does for my times. I prefer to do 1/4 miles run to see gains vs seeing dyno numbers so i always do a lot of before and after runs and try to keep conditions as close as possible. I have heard great things about long tube headers as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would definitely do some Doug Thorley LT and a good exhaust. Since you don't have a SC Yet, voiding the SC warranty with headers isn't a problem. I want the DTLT's soooooo bad, but don't want to void the SC warranty.:sad3d:
Good luck at the track!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm gonna go order that volant cai today... And what's better the long tube headers or the shorties ? What's the difference ? I just want balls to the wall horsepower not worried about gas. Thanks again for any input:cool:

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.