Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i have a 1.5'' block on the back untill im ready to order some deavers.
Installing 2.5 body coilovers on the front made a huge difference offroad so i want to do the same for the rear.
As far as what i'll use them for, i want them to be able to take some abuse. but then again i dont have a long travel suspension kit so i wont be taking them too far.
Most of my offroad use has been washes and rough backroads at speed. Getting rid of the stock front coilovers was a releif as i gained lots of stability with the improved shock absorbtion. The stock front coilovers seemed way too soft. way too much rebound.

First of all theres the billstein 5100's that accomodate 0-1'' lift in the rearl.
Then theres the icon monotube rear shocks as well as the version with a piggy back resevoir.
Another option i though about going with was the fabtech dirt logic 2.25 rear shocks without the rear resevoir. Would the resevoir really help that much

Has anyone used the fabtech dirt logic rear shocks?

Are there any other performance offroad shock optiosn out there for the rear?
couldnt find anything for fox, king , camburg.

thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
First off, good call getting that block out of the back, I have seen many a trucks lose their axle on the trail due to the u-bolts on the block coming loose. If you have been off-roading much, I would check the torque on those bolts at your first opportunity if I were you.

A reservoir just holds extra fluid and will prolong the amount of time until you experience "shock fade".

SHOCK FADE

You have to decide if YOUR off-roading warrants it.

From what I understand, the fab-tech dirt logic stuff is just rebranded equipment from King or one of the others. So it is legit stuff, unlike most of their products.

As for other brands, a lot of the company's you mentioned have a large offering of non vehicle specific shocks, which can be maid to fit with some minor fabrication. :)

I wouldn't worry about doing that though unless you think you are really going to be getting gnarly.

Also, depending on what you are doing you may want to look into some decent air bump stops and get rid of that stock plastic one.

Good luck!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Bilstein, really, really worth it.

If you lift more than 2 inches you can even use the tacoma rear shocks according to toytec.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have an AAL that gave me 1.5" in the rear and I have Rough Country 8155's for shocks. I believe they are for the F250/F350 trucks but they fit mine perfectly. It's definitely stiffer than stock but I like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts