Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2.7 liter 4 cyl. prerunner which i currently have 32" tires on with a 3 inch lift. im planning on putting 3 more inches of lift and getting either 34" or 35" tires but im going to need more power to be able to push that size tire. what are some good options for increasing the power? i already have the K&N intake kit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What sort of gear upgrades would help out with miles per gallon?
Smaller tires.

The higher the lift and the bigger the tires the worse mileage you're going to get...not much you can do about it except not do it in the first place.

The gear change is so that you can actually accerate at a decent speed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i have a 2.7 liter 4 cyl. prerunner which i currently have 32" tires on with a 3 inch lift. im planning on putting 3 more inches of lift and getting either 34" or 35" tires but im going to need more power to be able to push that size tire. what are some good options for increasing the power? i already have the K&N intake kit.
Take off the lift and tires, sell the truck and buy a V6. I drove the little engine that almost could(4 cyl), several times b4 I finally got off the dime and bought what I really wanted(6 cyl). Besides a std cab 2wd, I don't think that 4popper is good for much of anything- just my .02:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts