Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have silverstars and they are okay, but i was looking at the new likes that philips makes. They SAY "Quote" That they are 80% brighter.

I was wondering if anyone has used the new ones by philips here is the list of the new ones

Philips X-treme Power: Brightest halogen bulb available
Philips Automotive Lighting: CrystalVision Ultra range
Philips NightGuide: Advanced Halogen Technology
Philips Xenon HID Lighting Technology
Philips Automotive Lighting: VisionPlus range
Philips Automotive Lighting: Hi-Visibility range
Philips Automotive Lighting: LongerLife range
Philips Automotive Lighting: BlueVision range

Wll there they are i was thinking about getting the xtremepower, but you cant find it in the US, nor will any company that sells them in the UK will ship to the US, so i was thinking about getting the crystalvision, which i found here suvlights.com PHILIPS- VisionPlus- (Clear) +50%- Pair (H1, H3, H7, 9003/H4, 9004/HB1, 9005/HB3 for only $34 pair which isnt that bad just was wondering if anyone has used any of these lights!

·
Registered
459 Posts
This guy on Ebay sells them and ships the the US.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Before anyone goes crazy with bulbs, keep one thing in mind. Just about every single halogen bulb, including the falsely labeled "xenon" bulbs (just blue tinted glass) will only put out 55watts low beam, and 65 watts high beam. There are few bulbs out there which actually draw more wattage to produce more lumens. You would also need to upgrade your wiring harness to handle that extra draw.

That being said, don't waste your money on overly expensive bulbs when you aren't going to get more light output.

HID's are the way to go, even if it's not a retrofit job and just plug & play.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I had very good luck with Yellowstars on several vehicles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts