Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello--I'd like to see some pictures of some Tundras with black wheels. I've looked through the sticky at the top of the page with member's truck photos, but there don't seem to be many (and it takes a while to search 51 pages). I'm thinking of getting something like the Ultra Baron style wheel (gloss black with polished highlights) from Tire Rack, or perhaps the Pro Comp Xtreme alloy (flat black with polished rivets around the perimeter) from Four Wheel Parts and match it up to a 285/75R16 or 285/70R17 depending on the size wheel available (I don't want to go any bigger than about 18").

Show us what you have!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Looking at my pics, I realize I need updated ones!

here is mine before some additonal mods. My black corner lights make it look much better than this, but the lift and wheels are the same on it now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
take a look at my gallery. I liked the look of OEM.

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great responses! My searches online were not getting as good of results as these. The closest I could find was on Ultra's own website. They have a visualizer. Unfortunately, it does not show ALL of their truck wheels, but I did find another one I liked called the Ultra Mammoth. Tirerack's visualizer is terrible--too dark and too small.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice. I am really liking the look of black wheels. After seeing the pics thus far, I went ahead and ordered a set of 17x9 KMC XD HOSS wheels (all gloss black). I haven't seen a G1 with them yet, but I figured I might as well be the first. They are similar to the American Racing wheels posted on page 1 of this thread on the maroon G2 Tundra. Then I purchased a set of 285/70R17 Goodyear Duratrac's (haven't seen a Tundra with those either). I love the look of mud tires, but I already have another lifted Toyota with mudders on it. Yet, I didn't want to put highway tires or mild all terrains on my Tundra. I've read a lot of good things on the Duratracs (aggressive tread yet good on ice/snow, siping, soft compound, and surprisingly quiet). I can't wait! I purchased everything on eBay using the Bing.com 8% discount (thank you microsoft!).

1 - 20 of 69 Posts