Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking to replace my overhead console in my 2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab with the overhead console that has the temperature, compass, homelink, lights, and sunroof controls. I currently have the overhead console that just has the wiring harness for the lights in the console (just 2 wires I believe). However, my Tundra is equipped with the factory rear view mirror that has the temperature and compass controls on it which has 3 wires that connect into the back of the mirror.

Question 1: Is there a special wiring harness for the overhead console with the temperature, compass, homelink, lights, and sunroof controls? If so, what is the Toyota part number and provide instructions on how to install this wiring harness.

Question 2: If I purchase the overhead console with the temperature, compass, homelink, lights, and sunroof controls, can I tap into or use the wiring harness/connector for the temperature and compass that plugs into the rear view mirror?

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello,

I am looking to replace my overhead console in my 2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab with the overhead console that has the temperature, compass, homelink, lights, and sunroof controls. I currently have the overhead console that just has the wiring harness for the lights in the console (just 2 wires I believe). However, my Tundra is equipped with the factory rear view mirror that has the temperature and compass controls on it which has 3 wires that connect into the back of the mirror.

Question 1: Is there a special wiring harness for the overhead console with the temperature, compass, homelink, lights, and sunroof controls? If so, what is the Toyota part number and provide instructions on how to install this wiring harness.

Question 2: If I purchase the overhead console with the temperature, compass, homelink, lights, and sunroof controls, can I tap into or use the wiring harness/connector for the temperature and compass that plugs into the rear view mirror?

Thanks
New to forum, did you find any answers to your questions, looking to do the same, no sun roof, have the same questions, is there a connection on the rear view mirror for temp., and compass and is there a harness that will adapt to current 3 wire connection console or over head wiring to console with out ripping out your head liner ? Any help, Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts