Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota Tundra XtraDuty

Toyota is in the making of the HD tundra as we speak. This got me thinking what this truck should look like. I think the truck should be less stylized and more contractor looking. Like it belongs on the job site. The front of the truck should be less pointy and more square like while being agressive still. Also, the truck needs to be in general bigger. More headroom is a must. Larger Tires and a bigger bed. This is what I came up with.

before

after Id call it the Toyota Tundra Xtra Duty
My Stats
7 Liter Hino 360 HP 675 Ft torque

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think the duramax has more hp & torque than the new v8 diesel toyota engine, but by the time they release the engine into the tundra they may have squeezed some more out of it to come up to the opposition

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I like it. If I were in the market for a 1 ton dually diesel, the Toyota Tundra Extra Duty would be my first pick. Good work :tu:

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
All I want to hear is CATAPILLAR Inline 6!!! :D

I have been screaming, kicking and crying for the last 4 years to hear the sweet words of Toyota 3/4 ton with the inline 6 Catapillar Diesel. Otherwise... I will just keep my Dodge. Nice job on the photoshop. It does look a little bit like the GM, but WAY, WAY better looking. Dear God the new GM's look God awful. I like the old model better.

·
Registered
160 Posts
When we went to in Infineon raceway there was a lot of caterpillar products around. Toyota and Caterpillar have been pretty close here recently. I just don't know if Cat could make enough engines. But wouldn't that be bragging rights. You pull up to the Ford, Chevy or Dodge diesels with there "badges" and on yours it states "powered by Caterpillar". I could see the "big three" whimpering with there tails between there legs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can't quite read the three lines of text on the front fender, but I'm gonna guess that it says something like:
TOYOTA TUNDRA
SUPER DUTY 7.0
YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT, CANDY-***?

more or less... :cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
You pull up to the Ford, Chevy or Dodge diesels with there "badges" and on yours it states "powered by Caterpillar". I could see the "big three" whimpering with there tails between there legs.
Maybe a Powerstroke or Duramax, but a Cummins doesn't "whimper" away from anything, heh. I just traded a Dodge w/ Cummins for my Tundra, and I'd give my left nut to have that engine in a Toyota.

Stop at a truck stop sometime and pick up one of the many trucker's publications. Cummins and Cats are both very popular in the big rigs.

IMO having a Cat in the Tundra would put it on par with the Cummins, ahead of the Powerstroke and Duramax.

·
Registered
666 Posts
If that truck came out... i'd buy it in a heart beat. I like the new Tundra a lot, but I wouldn't trade my 07 Tacoma for it because it is a brand new truck. But I would make an exeption for that truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts