Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about installing these lights. It says it comes with a pre-assembled wiring harness, a relay, and an in-cab switch. I want to install them on my bull bar and was wondering how hard is it to do? I am getting them from here PIAA 520 SMR Series Driving Lights Kit looks like a good price and diffidently some nice looking lights. Any input is welcome. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice lights. I looked at those as well. I wondered how bright they would be though considering that they are a little on the small side. Hopefully someone else will chime in with their experience, but I personally won't buy from Autoanything. Prices are good, but that's about it. I ordered a pre-filter for my volant intake from them, and they said it was in stock and will ship next day or something, and I didn't see it for almost 4 weeks. When I called they said that it actually wasn't in stock. That was at the 2 week mark. I actually almost forgot about it by the time it showed up at my door. Like I said, hopefully there is someone else on these boards that will say something good about them, but as far as I'm concerned, if you're in a hurry, fuggedaboutit.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Hey UnionXC -

Can you post pics of your Tundra with the Bull Bar installed?

Which one did you get?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea sure I just put some pictures in my profile, just click on the camera. It is the Aries one. Hasnt anyone every installed the lights?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump... any kind of aux. lights i just want to know what all it will take.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Installing aftermarket lights with an included harness is unbelievable easy. They take all the guesswork out of it. The only thing I suggest is to tap into the parking light wire instead of the highbeam wire like most of the kit instructions recommend. This way you could use your aftermarket lights anytime the parking lights are on. Might be a legality thing, but oh well. I didn't want to be able to use mine only with the highbeams.

Honestly I was a little skeptical before I tried mine, but it was very easy. I layed all the wires down on the ground in the pattern that they are going to be installed, until it made sense to me. The hardest part was getting the three wires for the switch into the cab. Two people would really come in handy with this part. What I did was basically piggyback the hood release cable going through the rubber boot to the inside of the cab(if looking under the hood, look for the black cable going into the cab underneath the brake booster/master cylinder). I taped the wires to a cotter pin for strength to puncture through the little hole in the boot.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Westin Bar with 130W KC Slimlights. 15* pencil beams. I really don't have a need for the pencil beams, wish they were Fog pattern. I also have Yellow bulbs in them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts