Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used the piaa super silicone wiper blades yet?? what about the sporza piaa's(although i dont really think we need blades with spoilers:D), are these actually better than rubber blades? tire rack has a good price on some, so im thinkin about getting some for the tacoma,and my wifes accord. my stock blades are a year and 4 months old, and i need to change them out,as they arent working all that great now!! appreciate any info!!:ts:

·
Registered
151 Posts
piaa super silicone wiper blades, lasted me about a year on mt taco.

There just starting to streak right where my normal look thru is. Rest of the windshield is fine.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Your 4 month old blades may need a good wipe down. Crud does build up on them and make them act like they are junk. As for the PIAA's.... if you can get a great price on them I would try them but they tend to be pricey. I have gotten about a year out of anco blades here in New england. The snow and ice usually does them in.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
:tu: I put a set on my Tundra last Dec and I like them - clear and quiet.

However we only get 10" of rain a year here (if we're lucky).

Intallation takes a bit more effort. You have to clean the windshield super-clean, then swab/wipe the windshield with a pad that comes with the wipers. Then after they were installed, you ran them dry for the first several minutes to break in. I'm paraphrasing a bit here, don't remember the exact time (and tossed the instructions). Bought at Tire Rack too.

All I needed with the rubber piece, but ended up buying the rubber and frame (but not the arms) out of ignorance. No matter - works fine. :cool:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your 4 month old blades may need a good wipe down. Crud does build up on them and make them act like they are junk. As for the PIAA's.... if you can get a great price on them I would try them but they tend to be pricey. I have gotten about a year out of anco blades here in New england. The snow and ice usually does them in.
they are actually a year and four months old,but im gonna clean them with some vinegar(heard this from some older fellas), then rain x, should last a bit longer. the factory blades are actually pretty decent compared to some cheap blades ive used from various makers.

i think im gonna go ahead and order the piaa's, then probably put them on in a couple of months,since tire rack has a sale goin on now!!

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
I've been running the same set of PIAA super sils for the last four and a half years...four Ohio winters (ice storms, heavy snow) and one Colorado winter (eastern Colorado is part of the midwest, same weather here).

The key is not to abuse them...apply Rain-X to the windshield, wait a couple days, do it again, wait a week, do it again. You probably won't need to do it for another month. Keep it up regularly. It helps snow/ice break free easier.

Get a good ice scraper and a brush, get that stuff off the window before you touch the switch. Run the defrost, and run something good like Rain-X fluid in the reservoir.

I didn't even bother with the goop in the packets...no need for it. Just Rain-X, and hit the blades with 303 or something once in a while to keep them pliant.

All that stuff and most any wipers will last a long time, but these are extremely supple even when it's bitter cold, and I've noticed ice doesn't stick as easily to the blade as on the stock wipers or the "winter" blades from the auto shops.

I've had these on so long that the faux carbon fiber paint is almost gone. Best wipers I've ever run.

-Sean

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I had PIAA Silicon Wipers since last fall... Had no problems all winter here and winter isn't over here in the Notheast yet.... Luv em...

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have used the same PIAA blades for about 4 years as well. Living in Washington we get ALOT of rain annually. EXCELLENT wiper blade... every so often I'll take a alcohol pad and wipe the blade down to keep it lubed for the most part... Great Wiper Blade!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I tried the RainX (3 coats one day) route, no-go.

I'll try the alcohol wipes and a re coat of Rain-x

What size you guys running on your tacos?

Mine are 22 D, 21 P.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I tried the RainX (3 coats one day) route, no-go.

I'll try the alcohol wipes and a re coat of Rain-x

What size you guys running on your tacos?

Mine are 22 D, 21 P.
Whatever size they recommend for our year/model... Not sure of the exact size...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts