Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Picked up the new BLACK LIMITED!!!

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Simias 
#1 ·
We were waiting for the 2003's to come out, but we couldn't pass up a deal that we came across on a 2002 sitting on the lot.

Check out my photos for an "Off-The Lot" view (pre-detail and pre-mods). I pick up my wheels mid next week and can't wait to post updated pics and get your guy's opinions.

jan j
:cool:

#2 ·
Welcome I think you will like your black limited a lot. I just got mine about 3 weeks ago. I think I would have waited for the 03 model if I had known that they were going to make some small changes but that is the way it goes. Would like to see more pics when you get them.

#4 ·
Wheels:

MKW MK3 18x8.5

285/60-18 Either Michelin Oilot LTX or Falken ZIEX S/TZ04. I'm leaning towards the Falkens because I talked to a guy in the home Depot parking lot who had a set on his Sequoia and he said loved them.

I'm hoping to have them in a few days and will post updated pics.

jan j

#5 ·
Do you need a lift kit for 18 inch wheels? The TRD Wheels are made by BBS and sell for about $200 each, they are 18 inch wheels. I am not sure if I am going to go for 17 inch custom wheels or wait for the 03 Limited 17 inch rims, or maybe the TRD wheels? I am so confused??????????????????????????? One thing I do know, I HATE THESE BRIDGESTONES!!!!!!!! Why did Toyota put such a $hitty tire on a $45,000.00 vehicle? Michelin Cross Terrains sound good, but Good Year make a high end SUV tire called the Ponterra or Fonterra I guess. The Wrangles on my 99 4Runner had 38,000 miles when I traded the vehicle in and they still looked new!!!! I am kind of leaning back to Good Year. I have never heard of Falken Zeik. Do they make a good tire ?

No Defect.

#6 ·
nodefect said:
Do you need a lift kit for 18 inch wheels?
No, the wheels are bigger but the tire that you would be placing on the wheels has less sidewall. Many people are running 20's on their Sequoia's.

#7 ·
yeah, the 285/60-18's are 31.5in. versus the stock 265/70-16's are 30.6in, but they do not require a lift. I actually drove a 4x4 Limited with the bigger wheels at a dealer and there was absolutely no rub; however, rim offset could potentially get you into trouble depending on which ones you get.My wheel shop is going to install them and let me check them out before I cut the check. Pretty cool.

Oh, by the way, the 2003 265/65-17's are also 30.6in.

jan j

#9 ·
jan...congrats on your new ride!! also on the new rims! dang, the mod bug hit early! :D

no defect....check out Sequoia: Wheels & Tires for more info. :)

Chris

#11 ·
I ended up buying from Superstition Springs Toyota in Mesa. I kind of got the run around from the regular sales guys, but then I hooked up with the Fleet Sales Director and he handled the sale very well. Send me a PM if you want to get some more details and recommendations.

jan j

#12 ·
yeah, i noticed that salespeople in the fleet department are a lot better to work with than the floor guys. i bought my ride from Dianne and Mike at Carson and had a very good experience. when my wife was looking for a Lexus she dealt w/ both Fleet and Floor salespeople and commented on how much better the Fleet people were. what exactly are the differences between the two? is their a difference?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.