Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I ever shared pictures of my custom sub enclosure I had in my 2003 Tundra.

I had a sub guru design the box to be ported @ ~32hz. It is made of 3/4 MDF, with two layers (1.5") at the front face (where the sub mounts). It is designed to replace the rear seat behind the driver. Only the seat itself (NOT seat-back) needs to be unbolted to install.

The box itself was cut and built by a talented high-end custom cabinetmaker. I carpeted it a tan color, which was a decent match for my 2003 Tundra with leather.

Amazing sound. The sub is off-center so it can clear the port inside.

I built this in 2005, used it for 6 months and retired it. It has been in my living room with a blanket over it.

I thought I'd share some pictures of the box, to possibly help with others' custom designs. I mounted it to the floor with L-Brackets.

Anyways, yes, I also plan to sell this beast. I think it is against forum rules to post classifieds-esque stuff in this forum though. Please email or PM me if interested. I NEED this gone, so I'll let it go for a deal. If you are SERIOUSLY interested, it is currently located in the San Francisco area. Let's talk.

Otherwise, if you have any questions/comments on the build/sub, let me know and I'm more than happy to answer them!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
I can move this thread to the Classifieds forum, but you need to post a price and give us your location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts